thirty bees forum

Base unit price / unit price module

30knees

Version 1.7.11 of this module https://addons.prestashop.com/en/sizes-units/5756-basicprice-unit-price.html is compatible with TB 1.0.1.

The module calculates the base unit price, e.g. what the 100g price of something is that is sold as a 250g pack.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am the developer of the module. Does 1.0.7 base on the Prestashop 1.7 ? If so the module was adapted to handle the new handling. It does not use JavaScript anymore for the calculation. It now uses special hooks which must be integrated into the template on the places the price shall be displayed. So please try to upgrade the module to the latest version 1.7.22 and make the hook adaptions described in the modules readme.

Hope this helps.

Regards

I´m using TB 1.0.5 (not a live shop at the moment, still testing....) and there are no problems with standard TB installation, no extra module for base unit price is used:

€ 21.99 Tax included Shipping excluded € 21.99 per 1 l (its for a 1 liter bottle)

€ 15.59 Tax included Shipping excluded € 31.18 per 1 l (for a 500ml bottle)

Thanks! That helped troubleshoot the problem. My products all have combinations and no parent product with a price. What I do is have the parent price at 0 and only enter the combination prices. And if the parent price is 0 it doesn't show the price per unit. So, what I would need to do is one of the following: 1. Add a proper parent product and a parent price and reduce the amount of combinations. 2. Add a minimal parent product price of 0.01 and reduce the combination prices by 0.01 so it evens out.

Fiddled around a bit and it seems to be a hassle to have to have a parent product and price. So I'll stick with the basis price module.

@Traumflug Would it be possible to have the basis price calculated based on combinations only where there is no parent product?

• 1 year later...

Hi @Agossi, I noticed that the base price module works for German but not for English. For English, it always shows a base price of 0.00. Do you have an idea how to trouble shoot this? Otherwise the module is still working great, highly recommended. Thanks!

Thank you for your quick reply.

I'm using 1.7.11.

I don't think I'm getting any relevant JavaScript issues. The English and German versions both show me this in the console, but German works:

jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

What might affect just one language version? The module works.