thirty bees forum

Release date of the new version (1.3) and road map

47 minutes ago, Smile said:

@datakick we made that already with tick boxes right?

Yeah it's done with checkboxes. IMO we can improve this with chosen components. 

For myself I will also implement a prefix/suffix feature. I will propose this for publicity too, but we will see, if there is any interest for it. Prefix and Suffix can help filter modules. 

An example. You use a feature "Awards" and have the feature_value "Oscar". Then you can use suffix for the year. So it will be displayed "Oscar (1997)". But the filter value is still just "Oscar". I hope the concept is more or less clear 🙂 It can also be helpful for Units 😏

16 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

For myself I will also implement a prefix/suffix feature. I will propose this for publicity too, but we will see, if there is any interest for it. Prefix and Suffix can help filter modules. 

An example. You use a feature "Awards" and have the feature_value "Oscar". Then you can use suffix for the year. So it will be displayed "Oscar (1997)". But the filter value is still just "Oscar". I hope the concept is more or less clear 🙂 It can also be helpful for Units 😏

Wouldn't it be better to have 'displayable' name for feature values instead of some prefix/suffix?

So, the Feature name would be 'Awards', feature value name 'Oscar', feature value displayable name would be 'Oscar (1997)' ? The free-text is more free then suffix

12 minutes ago, datakick said:

Wouldn't it be better to have 'displayable' name for feature values instead of some prefix/suffix?

So, the Feature name would be 'Awards', feature value name 'Oscar', feature value displayable name would be 'Oscar (1997)' ? The free-text is more free then suffix

Good Point. I thought about that once too. Back then I thought, the prefix/suffix would allow the default usage of units. So that you could define it directly in a feature to always add "mm" for example. 

But now thinking again, I guess you are right. The "displayable" is more flexible and simpler. The unit thing could be implemented anyway (but for now it's not important).

Damn why did I already start to code 😂 Luckily most things will stay similair. So in general you like the idea and you would merge it, if it's well tested?