thirty bees forum

Release date of the new version (1.3) and road map

11 hours ago, Smile said:

We expect in 2-4 weeks from now. Sorry it sounds wired but I could not find the php issue for the 1.3 sprint in Jira 😉 But if I am correct 1.3.0 will support 7.4.... Don't nail me down if I am wrong 😉

Regarding PHP compatibility: 1.3.0 will still be supported on PHP5.6 ... PHP7.4

There is an ongoing effort to make it work on PHP8. This is not a small feat because PHP8 introduced standard class 'Attribute' that clashes with thirty bees core class. To fix it we need to rename our class, respective move it to different namespace (in core and all native modules). While this is quite simple to do, it of course introduces compatibility issues with any third party modules. To overcome this issue, thirty bees will contain mechanism that will parse and 'patch' third party modules PHP files. When you install new module, it's php files will be processed anda all references to Attribute class will be adjusted. For this we will use third party library. Unfortunately that lib does not support PHP5.6, which is one of the reasons why we are deprecating PHP5.6 and will not support it in the future.

At this moment there is still no need to actually remove support for PHP5.6, but once we integrate the support for PHP8 to mainline, we will be forced to do it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, Smile said:

Quick update. We expect version 1.3 in the first or second week of september.

Great to know that, let's keep the good work flow !

For infos, I still use TB everyday mostly on b2b websites 🙂, some are still on 1.1.0 version and works perfectly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Smile said:

Almost there but we had a little bit programing hours this week then expected. So stay tuned! Its always dangerous to mention a date 😉

I don't think it's a problem for you to mention a date if you just remember to inform any delays or changes. It's the silence that makes people suspicious and wondering.

We are looking forward to the next release. Thanks for the info.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, wakabayashi said:

Who of you is already using the 1.3 version? How does it work out for you? 🙂

I was on 1.3, no issues.  I updated to bleeding edge (1.4), a week ago or so, and have had no issue that I'm aware of.

Edited by SLiCK_303
  • Thanks 1

Its directly related to the new option  - Edit specific prices.

If you have a product with specific price and you change the value of discount in specific price, than saving works, otherwise it does not work.

I tested it in my shop just now on various products with and without specific price.

I'm sure this will be fixed very soon.

• Thanks 1

Its related with line 3122-3123 in AdminProductsController.php

if (($price == -1) && ($reduction == 0)) {
 $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('No reduction value has been submitted');

If reduction is not newly set or changed within current product editing/saving the error comes up.
Until fix you can outcomment line 3123 so you will be able to at least save the products.

Edited by toplakd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 3:20 AM, toplakd said:

If reduction is not newly set or changed within current product editing/saving the error comes up.
Until fix you can outcomment line 3123 so you will be able to at least save the products.

Appreciate the clarification

On 2/26/2022 at 9:20 AM, toplakd said:

This is fixed now, please update to the latest bleeding edge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2