thirty bees forum

Change Product Add Date to affect New

zimmer-media

from ps-forum - with date-picker

admin folder\themes\default\template\controllers\products\informations.tlp

find the code

<div id="product-pack-container" {if $product_type != Product::PTYPE_PACK}style="display:none"{/if}></div>

<hr />

add this after

``` {if $product->date_add}

{/if}

@MockoB

For us this is very helpful. If we get lists of new items from our wholesalers (dropshipping), then we can upload them by CSV. Very often, we only have to edit and activate the new articles several days later. So we can activate the article with the current date.

Perfect! I wonder why it is not native feature. I sell products which are unique and I was deleting it after every sale. Recently I decided to change just the picture to avoid loosing ranking but it is hard for customers to find them because they have to list all the product pages ... Are you sure it will not cause any troubles with database or other related features? And is it possible to add for the non native TB theme?

@MockoB I use the code for over a year with PS. There I had so far no problems. Since I have already switched some of my shops to TB, I could not find any problems so far. The code affects only the template in the BO under Edit Product, where the date of the article can be changed. In the FO, the article appears accordingly under NEW, if the date was set to the current.

I can confirm that this works like a charm because we used this already with PS 1.5. But sometimes we needed to deal with just the opposite, because we didn't want every new entry to show up in frontend. So we backdated the products via date_add and for the remaining new products "abused" the database field upc. Every entry > 0 serves as condition in blocknewproducts to display a product (or not). This is helpful, if you have many new products, but don't want them all in your shop's frontend and want only a choice of them displayed.

Not at all, feel free to do so. But in this case you should mention that the update safe way to implement such changes is always an override of the standard behavior and not a direct core change. The modified informations.tpl should be created as

/override/controllers/admin/templates/products/informations.tpl

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Nemo Thank you for creating the video to make it understandable to create an override and edit a template.

http://nemops.com/eidt-product-creation-date-thirtybees-prestashop/

@zimmer-media - Thanks for creating this for us in the first place. Naturally, @Nemo gave you credit for it. :)

0_1515865492106_added new field to BO product info - new from.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...