thirty bees forum

Livezilla module for thirty bees

vzex

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@baarssen said in Livezilla module for thirty bees:

Access your Prestashop files via FTP or Cpanel File manager.

Open there Prestashop / Themes / Your theme name folder, in our example the "default" theme is used. You can check the name of your theme in the Prestashop admin panel in Preferences / Theme.

Open footer.tpl file located in this folder.

Generate the LiveZilla Code as described on the left side of this page (How to get the Code).

Copy the code and insert it to the footer.tpl before closing tag.

Save your changes and upload your updated footer.tpl file to your FTP or Cpanel.

The chat button will now appear when you reload the shop page.

Success! This works perfectly and no redirect needed. Is that correct, @Baarssen?

• 1 month later...

I used to be a huge fan of Livezilla, been using it for years. However got really tired of troubleshooting it all the time. You would have it working perfectly fine, all of a sudden it stops working, you didn't install any patches or anything, justs tops working (likely due to browser changes). So you have to patch it.

You upgrade it, still doesn't work, no real idea why it's broken. Install fresh livezilla, yayyyyy it works! Until a few months later when it breaks again.

Annoying enough when you're supporting your own site, wayyy too annoying when you've set it up for other people/customers. Switched to tawk.to and yes it's missing some features compared to livezilla but i prefer the android app and it just works.

@alwayspaws Best feature? Free for unlimited (basically) users. Which is nice as the free livezilla only gives one user. Been using tawk about i want to say 6 months now. As it's a SASS service you don't have to run/manage your own server/installation (which is great).

It isn't really "installing" anything, you register an account, get a script, copy/paste the script to the plugin and you go.

Takes like 10 mins.

To be fair, it doesn't take much longer to install livezilla, however the time i have burned when stuff goes wrong is simply not worth it for me.

Yes tawk has less features than Livezilla, but they're adding more and i don't have to spend my saturday evenings upgrading the livezilla server and hoping that nothing breaks lol

@alwayspaws Oh i also really like their android app. It is a lot more refined than the livezilla one and easier/quicker to use.

Livezilla always had me feeling like i needed to be at my pc to get anything at all done. I'd say i respond to at least 50% or more of requests from my phone with tawk.

I mean look at livezilla's release schedule. I know you don't have to install ever release, but literally every release has bugfixes that you probably want. Or fixes bugs a previous patch added.

I mean look at just the bug fixes from the last 3 months with Livezilla (and how many releases, 12 in 3 months, so basically one a week, sometimes 2-3 days apart)

7.0.5.1 2017-06-29

Chat forward list does not show operators Chat window defaults to message tab Chat list icon not visible

7.0.5.2 2017-07-03

Ghost tickets created from Facebook API Website not scrollable on mobile firefox after returning from chat Syntax error in widget style.css

7.0.5.3 2017-07-05

Visitor name changes to undefined when visitor monitoring is deactivated

7.0.6.0 2017-07-18

Ticket channel filter issues Syntax issues with resource and script headers Operators not visible after connections problems Knowledge Base entries are not sorted All operator chat doesn't notify Can't open Translation Editor with LDAP Operator online notification not working Ticket channel filter causing error after re-login No message sound in Safari on visitor side Feedback notification not working Delete email permission not working

7.0.7.0 2017-08-16

Closed chats sometimes will not be removed from list Placeholder %externalname% not working in operator reply email subject 'Deprecated' error when trying to save a message from ticket composer Email account port is changed back to default on edit Ticket attachment images will be resized Copy operator not working No line breaks in chat logs Translate icon loses green status when operator sends message Custom field types ComboBox and Checkbox not working in chat welcome message Feedback viewer paging problems Feedbacks sometimes show no operator name glstmo Error Custom input fields are invisible when creating a ticket from emai

7.0.7.1 2017-08-22

Co-Browsing browser can't be changed in chat Chat widget not clickable on mobile after opening feedback Recurring visitors sometimes shown twice in VM

7.0.7.2 2017-09-18

Incoming email attachments are empty or broken Data Pass-Thru problems with classic image chat button (external window)
Missing operator name in chat archive
When converting an email into a ticket the HTML body gets lost Input field gets cleared sometimes when receiving a new message
Social media configurations will persist after deleting a group
Multiple TO's will be added as CC's
Sent to field is empty in ticket details
Ticket detail changes are discarded sometimes
Pass thru settings and data is not available in Link Generator preview Create Personal Chat Link permission not working
ComboBox value not shown in Ticket List
Ticket attachments can't be downloaded in FireFox
Ticket comments are shown in wrong order
Open 3rd party ticket system in new window not working

7.0.8.1 2017-09-29

Several redundant SQL queries removed Feedbacks are not related to chat ids Ticket notification shows name of last email Content mask not working for custom fields Chat invites icon / table not working Double slashs in URLs opened from LiveZilla

7.0.8.2 2017-10-06

Social Media connector issues PHP memory limit -1 not interpreted correctly Knowledge base permission blocks ticket / chat files Data Pass-Thru for Text Links Ticket can only have a language included in group languages MySQL field channeluniqueid missing Operator client not working in IE

7.0.8.3 2017-10-09

API Ticket Feedback URL incorrect Operator permission issues

7.0.8.4 2017-10-12

Data pass thru parameter issues Wrong group selected when creating multiple tickets from emails Chat can't be routed to specific operator/group in Chat Bot API Custom fields can't be edited in Ticket View Manual chat invite pre-selecting wrong group

7.0.8.5 2017-10-25

Declining operator not shown in chat archive Chat notification problems on android Chat button will appear fixed on both mobile and desktop Chat invite issues with pure visitor monitoring code Customer question can't be modified Chat invites not working with fixed target group (routing) Chat messages get lost when sending multiple short messages quickly

I have run Livezilla for about 4 months now and haven't got any of those troubles you are speaking of.

Yes, there are some bugs in the software but nothing has been major for me and cause of the bugs I am really glad that they do develope things quickly - still I have just uograded once and it was done in like 10 min.