thirty bees forum

Anyone with live store which meets eu law requirements?

Here we have agency which is responsible to protect customer rights and a private person can't sue the merchant for such idiotic things like missing info on their site, etc. They can summon this agency and their people file a case against the merchant and investigate. If they find the merchant guilty then the fine is paid to the budget not to the customer. Their product/money should be fixed but with no profit if the merchant is guilty...

We're very far away from EU compiance in Bulgaria so it's very curious why only Deutch merchants are so afriad of their law (in contrast to UK, France, Spaint, etc...).

I can speak for Spain, Portugal and France. The thing here is that in these 3 countries we had privacy and ecommerce laws that predate all this GDPR nonsense and everyone abids by those laws and ignores the nonsense.

Also, there's no culture of all the competition-suing stuff I've read in this thread. While it happens, specially between big businesses, it's not common and in general small shops are left alone to do their thing. They'll have time to care about legalities when they actually grow and make money. Personal data privacy is the only thing taken seriously and it also predates the GDPR; in general you only need to declare a "file" owned by your company stating which personal data you gather to the respective Data Protection Agency, which is free.

On the delivery time issue, it's always been enough to have a "Delivery in 24-48h" or "Delivery in at most 72h" in your shop's footer or somewhere else, for example in a specific "Selling conditions" page.

And about the cookies, I never put the dreaded "I accept cookies" popup unless requested by the client (I always ask them if they want to). In my (non-lawyer, although corroborated by some field experts I've met over the years) opinion, it is not required if you explain your cookies usage in your privacy policy or in a specific cookies page, and make the user accept your policy if they actually create an user account. In Spain an IP address is not considered personal information and, even if it was, it would still be lawful to gather it stating "functional or security" reasons, like for example avoiding DDoS attacks or having server logs. Not only that, but in websites allowing user comments (or other content, like images), it is mandatory to store an IP address in case something unlawful is sent, so it can be prosecuted.

My 2 cents.

• 7 months later...

Also ich habe mich jetzt hier mal durch die ganzen (schon etwas älteren) Beiträge gelesen aber es ist mit trotzdem nicht ganz klar ob das Modul Advanced EU Compliance (Version 3.1.3) jetzt rechtssicher ist oder nicht. Ist es denn wenigstens besser als hätte man es nicht installiert?

Hi @schmuck-checker , um in/nach Deutschland bzw. EU zu verkaufen kommt man um das AEUC-Modul nicht herum, das passt schon, sofern du als Shopbetreiber auch alles korrekt konfigurierst. Es greift ja in gewisse Preisangaben, in den Checkout und in Hinweise ein.

tb nimmt uns auch schon eine Menge Probleme ab  (z.B. die Grundpreisangabe/Berechnung, die bei PS ohne extra Modul nicht gut funktioniert hat),  einfach weil in tb viele Bugs behoben wurden  > Daumen hoch.

Ein GDPR-Modul (also Datenschutz) das auch wirklich gut ist und alle Notwendigkeiten abdeckt fehlt meiner Meinung nach noch  (aber auch bei externen Kaufmodulen finde ich nicht das 100%ige).  Man kann den Shop aber auch mit eigenen Mitteln schon recht gut GDPR-sicher machen, notfalls indem man in einige Template-Dateien einfachen html-Code einbindet.  Für genauere Hinweise muss man immer die Probleme oder Fragen kennen  :)  

• Like 1