thirty bees forum

How to handle returns?

wakabayashi

• 6 months later...

Hi Wakabayashi,

I would like to share my experience regarding this. I have a Prestashop store and I am using the third party addon to handle return and refund request of the customers: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/customer-service/20146-knowband-order-return-managerreturn-slip-barcode.html. Prestashop return manager offers all features which help me to handle the customer return request and quite easy to use. With the help of this module, I am able to send the automated email to the customer. This extension worked pretty well for me. As per the feature, this module is cost effective.

• 1 year later...

Looking at this topic again I am still puzzled. How to handle returns correctly!?

Who is using partial refund and who is using product returns?

Does the order slip generation work correctly for you? I see the product there, which was returned, but the total is still the same. Also I have quite strange information in the tax box :S

OK it seems that we are not the only one with this problem: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/496432-return-products-subtractdiscount-amount-of-refunded-money/

Some notes during testing:

• The distinction between partial refund and product return doesn't make big sense. It would be better to have one form, that allow both actions.
  • A partial refund and a discount (add_voucher button) are acting completly different. The partial refund has no impact on order total, while discount has. No idea why it is like this!?
  • If you use partial refund the revenue on the dashboard doesn't change at all (which is IMO wrong)
  • When using partial refund total_products_tax_excl and total_products_tax_incl are the same in ps_order_slip table -> which makes no sense. Edit: this only happens in some cases (maxbe oder_slip_type) :S
  • The column order_slip_type in ps_order_slip is nowhere explained
  • Not clear why we need columns total_shipping_tax_excl, total_shipping_tax_incl, shipping_cost and shipping_cost_amount in ps_order_slip_table

Conclusion: This is as frustrating as Advanced Stock Managment. You know that a lot of things are wrong, but you don't even get the intention of some things. So you can't even say: hey I am gonna fix this 10 issues. So I will work with some overrides for internal usage.

Edited by wakabayashi

12 minutes ago, Occam said:

I wouldn't agree! The distinction makes sense! See my tutorial here: https://forum.thirtybees.com/blogs/entry/43-properly-create-refunds/

Thanks for your pdf. After reading it, it still doesn't make sense to me, why we need two forms. Where is the sense of "product returns"? You could just Make a "partial" refund with full amount of product price.

1. What do you mean with total refund? My interest is when a customer orders 10 products and then we have cases like:

• He sends 1 product back and derseves a full refund
  • He sends 1 product back, but he doesn't deserve a full refund.
  • 1 product is broken and he deservers a full refund for this single product
  • 1 is a bit broken and he is fine with a partial refund

2. If you want to cancel all products, why dont you just us "cancel order" status? 

18 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

What do you mean with total refund?

In thirty bees the button is called Return products.

18 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

you want to cancel all products, why dont you just us "cancel order" status?  

Quite simply: Because I want it to happen! Just changing the status is like saying to a child: You just have to close your eyes and the wicked witch is gone.

As for your questions: Just read my PDF carefully.

Edited by Occam

Seriously I have read your PDF twice and don't believe my usecases work correctly. If they do, please explain me, how it works.

How would that work: He sends 1 product back, but he doesn't deserve a full refund? IMO it doesn't work cleanly with partial refund as the product is not saved as returned... And the order-slip values are very strange. All values are minus. The total stays the same. I have no idea if this is wanted, but adding a discount has a completly different impact. How can adding a discount and adding a refund (with the same value) have completly different order-slip?

And I dont even start to combine this issues with ASM where you have a field like usable_quantity. Where is it good for, if not at product returns?

I need the two forms "product returns" and "partial refund".
For example, when a customer orders and pays by bank transfer. A few days later, I will receive one or more items (for example, because of a withdrawal), then I will enter the items that have been sent back. The customer gets a message telling us his bank details, so that the amount can be refunded. After answer and refund of the amount, I contribute with refund then also.

now german sorry 😉

Zum Beispiel, wenn ein Kunde bestellt und mit Banküberweisung bezahlt. Ein paar Tage später erhalte ich einen oder oder mehrere Artikel zurück (zum Beispiel wegen einem Widerruf), dann trage ich die Artikel über "product returns" ein, die zurück geschickt wurden. Der Kunde bekommt eine Nachricht uns seine Bankverbindung mitzuteilen, damit der Betrag erstattet werden kann. Nach Antwort und Erstattung des Betrages trage ich das bei "refund" dann auch ein.

Somit habe ich die Infos schon in der Bestellung drin und warte dann nur noch auf die Bankverbindung, da brauch ich mir das von dem Vorgang nicht 2x oder 3x ansehen. Wenn ich die Erstattung mache/eintrage sehe ich, welche Artikel zurück geschickt wurden, da es durch "product returns" schon gespeichert ist.

order-slip.JPG.038f1aa49d14743e766337dc61f496a9.JPG

That is an example of a partial refund, which I created today. Maybe I don't get things right, but I dont see how does this order-slip.pdf makes any sense?

As Info the original total value of the order is 30,30 CHF. The original shipping cost was 8.00 CHF. And the orginal total of products was 22,30 CHF.  

10 minutes ago, colorful-ant said:

Zum Beispiel, wenn ein Kunde bestellt und mit Banküberweisung bezahlt. Ein paar Tage später erhalte ich einen oder oder mehrere Artikel zurück (zum Beispiel wegen einem Widerruf), dann trage ich die Artikel über "product returns" ein, die zurück geschickt wurden. Der Kunde bekommt eine Nachricht uns seine Bankverbindung mitzuteilen, damit der Betrag erstattet werden kann. Nach Antwort und Erstattung des Betrages trage ich das bei "refund" dann auch ein.

Dann kreierst du im ersten Schritt aber keinen order-slip oder?

Falls ich dich richtig verstehe nutzt du dann "partial refund" doch, um es vollständig rückzuvergüten oder?

ja - im ersten schritt (returns) wird bei mir keine datei erstellt, es wird nur die info hinterlegt, was zurück ist - der beleg zur gutschrift (order-slip) wird erst mit partial refund erstellt

deine pdf sieht tatsächlich sehr merkwürdig aus - ist bei mir zum glück nicht, den einen shop hab ich noch mit tb 1.0.7

zusatz zu "returns"
wenn ich das nutze, habe ich den artikel auch wieder auf lager, wenn ich unten den haken (kontrollkästchen) aktiviere, wir zb vorige woche hatte ich eine rückzahlung, bei der die artikel schon anfang juni zurück geschickt wurden, solange habe ich auf antwort wegen der bankverbindung gewartet.
bei "refund" brauch ich da nicht mehr aktivieren, weil es schon wieder da ist und nur noch die rückzahlung bzw order-slip erstelle

auf die schnelle nur ne komplette rückvergütung gefunden
ich denke ich habe da einiges angepaßt - müßte ich nachsehen

image.png.403d43062ceceb953645b1cfec519ced.png

Btw I found this http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Merchandise+Returns information. It says: 

Generate a credit slip. When checked, a credit slip will be created for the selected items. A credit slip is an acknowledgment from your shop that merchandise has been returned and that a refund has been issued. The customer can then use it as a credit slip for his or her next purchase.

How can a customer use a credit slip on next purchase?