thirty bees forum

How to handle returns?

wakabayashi

Just now, sennevb said:

safe for live shop?

It's as safe as any official release.

Unfortunately, there is no QA team that would thoroughly test each release. Every release is just an arbitrary point in time / code base.

1 hour ago, toplakd said:

I'm always running latest bleeding edge as soon as I notice there were some fixes applied.

👏 great! Not even I, do it like that. But in general it's a shame how many stores are still on 1.0.x or on quite old 1.1.x versions. With PS is was something like 1 fix -> 1 new bug. Here it's probably something like 10 fix -> 1 new bug 😎

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am back to this topic. Was quite fun to read the old posts. I have to admit, that my understanding of returns and refunds was a bit naive. My understanding and coding skills are much better now.

Who is still using RMA or (partial) refunds? I want to improve this features for my customers. If there is interest in the community I could supply some stuff as PR. Any ideas/wishes?

What I plan at least (line-trough) => implemented):

• Possibility to create rma-slips without an action from an employee. Explanation: In some country the customer has anyway the right, to send products back.
  • Improving the order-slip & return lists. Linking id_order to the actual order. Adding Customer Name to the lists.
  • Allowing returns for non-paid orders. Either adding a configuration switch or just allow it default. There is actually not much relation between payment and a product return.
  • Possibility to make the textarea optional on rma.
Edited by wakabayashi

The way we do it is to manually generate a return label in DHL that gets sent to the customer.

For us it's not really too important (at this time) for the customer to be able to generate a return slip automatically. 

But I'm happy to exchange thoughts on the topic if it can help. I think it's cool you're working on this. :)

• Like 1

@wakabayashi thank you for your work on this one. Please create PR for your changes.

This functionality indeed needs a lot of work to make it useful. 

I think that this should not be part of the core, though. RMA functionality could be implemented as a separate module. If there is some need to modify core to better record or track returns and refunds, we can extend the core, but I don't think there is anything like that needed. You don't have to worry about moving this to module yourself. It's actually on a todo list for the future. All enhancements you implement will be transferred as well

• Like 2

Ok, I will make a PR in the future. For me there is no problem, if it's later factored to a module. It surely makes sense for feature that aren't used by the majority of merchants.

I am always surprised how many features are just used by a little percentage of merchants. Same is true for ASM. But I guess the only reason is, that they are either a little buggy or unfinished. Cause return handling modules on prestashop store seem to be quite popular.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, wakabayashi said:

I have started with some improvements...

Returns:

image.thumb.png.1aa84dc2179a07cd23ca92c63304adf7.png

Refunds:

image.thumb.png.31a729af6c0b3c461213df4ceb63f949.png

Are they useful for anyone else?

This has always been a pain point for us. We use the RMA and it took a long time to figure out how TB/PS actually handled it to make the process with well for both customers and staff.

Please keep up the improvements on this.

1 hour ago, x97wehner said:

This has always been a pain point for us. We use the RMA and it took a long time to figure out how TB/PS actually handled it to make the process with well for both customers and staff.

Please keep up the improvements on this.

Cool! But that means it's already working out for you well or are there any clear improving needs on your side?

On 11/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, wakabayashi said:

Cool! But that means it's already working out for you well or are there any clear improving needs on your side?

From a backend perspective, the fact that I have to load the RMA page to update the status on it is a big inconvenience. If could be accessed/updated from the order it would be much more efficient. Also, from the RMA screen, it's not a quick jump back to the order.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 2:26 PM, x97wehner said:

From a backend perspective, the fact that I have to load the RMA page to update the status on it is a big inconvenience. If could be accessed/updated from the order it would be much more efficient. Also, from the RMA screen, it's not a quick jump back to the order.

Noted! I also thought, that in my process I would have to go on both BO pages, which is not so nice. But I have to think about the best implementation to fix this. 

Other feedbacks are still welcome! 🙂

• Like 1