thirty bees forum

Issue with Custom Payment Methods

Chandra

Question

Hi, I am using the Custom Payment Methods module and have created COD as a payment method. COD is available to customers at order time, correctly.

I notice the following issue: When creating an order from backoffice by admin, COD does not appear. Instead, 'Custom Payment Methods' appears.

17 answers to this question

Hi @Chandra! The solution for COD was just given to me yesterday by @SLiCK_303 is in this forum post:

https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1230/email-error-message-when-updating-order-status-to-delivered/93

Don't go through the earlier steps. Just go to near the end of the forum and see:

just use this module, its easier then setting up the Custom and Payment Methods…

I renamed the module he attached to what I can find more easily:

01514374104032COD-module-cash-on-delivery-1.0.0.zip

Thanks @alwayspaws @SLiCK_303

I did have custom payment methods installed and set up. It also worked correctly from the front office when a customer places an order.

I now had to add a translation for 'custom payment methods' to read 'COD' and it works correctly from backoffice and in invoice. All good now.

Thanks for your support.

So the original problem is still not solved ? I mean this translation question. And this solution was to use another module ? Because I have the same problem. And payment name is module name. (This is on BO and on invoice too.) When You change module name in translations then this is also what You see on every place. I don't think it's good solution. So there is mistake and in some place the ID of translation what You need to use is wrong. Unfortunately I have no idea in which file this error is.

I'm afraid this is almost impossible to fix. Core does not know what payment options exists, they are not enumerated anywhere. It only knows about modules that implement 'payment' hook, but what payment options each module provides is big unknown. When the payment is processed, payment module gets a chance to create/validate an order, and during this step provides information about the payment to be stored inside order. 

Because this info is not available to the core itself, we can't really use it during back office order creation, not without invoking payment process itself.

• Thanks 1

Now I have another problem. I need to add possibility that payment for transport can be done when products are delivered. Products will be sent when payment for products are done. Is there any suggestion how to add this option ? Or I need to search and install (or maybe modify something) some modules ?

5 hours ago, led24ee said:

Now I have another problem. I need to add possibility that payment for transport can be done when products are delivered. Products will be sent when payment for products are done. Is there any suggestion how to add this option ? Or I need to search and install (or maybe modify something) some modules ?

Not sure I understand.

Do you mean that I go to your website and purchase a product for £100, delivery will cost an additional £10, making £110 in total

At the time of the order I pay £100 then after the order is delivered I have to make another payment of £10?

Basically yes. This may sound stupid, but real problem is that I can't calculate transport price. Some items are too big for regular carrier. So if client order some items and I need to make them then I know only price for product. Transport price can calculate later and this can be done when actual delivery is in progress. Delay between product order and transport can be something like month.

12 hours ago, led24ee said:

Basically yes. This may sound stupid, but real problem is that I can't calculate transport price. Some items are too big for regular carrier. So if client order some items and I need to make them then I know only price for product. Transport price can calculate later and this can be done when actual delivery is in progress. Delay between product order and transport can be something like month.

I am not aware of any hacks or modules that could enable that I am afraid. I am not sure I would make a purchase on a website without knowing the delivery cost up front. 

Perhaps a workaround is when you know the transport cost, create a new order in the back office and send the customer the payment link?

Well for this kind of delivery there is estimated cost. If product cost is about 2000 then there isn't really point is this delivery 110 or 140. At the moment I found that this is also not important so I can live without this. But I need to modify another module. I'm trying this almost 2 days, but still stuck. If anyone can help then I can give more details.

10 hours ago, led24ee said:

Well for this kind of delivery there is estimated cost. If product cost is about 2000 then there isn't really point is this delivery 110 or 140. At the moment I found that this is also not important so I can live without this. But I need to modify another module. I'm trying this almost 2 days, but still stuck. If anyone can help then I can give more details.

If its a different module then start a new topic and give more details, and we will try to help.

Just create custom carrier and on "delay" put whatever text You need like "Transport time and price will be specified later" or something similar. Then You need to mark this in some other places too, for example "Terms and conditions for use" to avoid conflicts.