thirty bees forum

[Free Module] Birthday Gift

SLiCK_303

I dunno if anyone needs anything like this, but I just release another module, this one is called Birthday Gift. You can find it on the thirtybees store here, or on github directly here. It will send an email out to a customer who has a birthday today. You can also choose to make a discount voucher as well. You can run it as a cron job everyday, so it will be automatic, or you can run the link manually.

Go go @SLiCK303 ! :kissingsmiling_eyes:

And now the usual questions/requests:

• Is the coupon created automatically?
  • How about do like IKEA that gives the discount during all the "birthday month"? ...so it needs to send the email on 1st day of the "birthday month" with a coupon valid (1 time for that specific customer) for the whole month.

@foolab said in [Free Module] Birthday Gift:

Go go @SLiCK303 ! :kissingsmiling_eyes:

• Is the coupon created automatically?

Yes it is, if you set it to create one.

• How about do like IKEA that gives the discount during all the "birthday month"? ...so it needs to send the email on 1st day of the "birthday month" with a coupon valid (1 time for that specific customer) for the whole month.

I think thats a different module....But I contemplate the idea.

@SLiCK_303 It would be good to have customer group selection so we can avoid sending birthday emails to say b2b and blacklisted customers.

Second, as above a month would be a better duration for voucher validity (unless it can be configured somewhere).

Thanks again for this nice module.

@chandra said in [Free Module] Birthday Gift:

@SLiCK_303 Second, as above a month would be a better duration for voucher validity (unless it can be configured somewhere).

I just released v1.0.2 which has duration setting, and new emails. Uninstall and delete the version you have now, then d/l and install the new version.

As for the customer group setting, I'll look into it.

@slick_303 said in [Free Module] Birthday Gift:

@SLiCK_303 Second, as above a month would be a better duration for voucher validity (unless it can be configured somewhere).

I just released v1.0.2 which has duration setting, and new emails. Uninstall and delete the version you have now, then d/l and install the new version.

@slick_303 said in [Free Module] Birthday Gift:

Great, installed. Thanks so much.

@SLiCK_303 It would be good to have customer group selection so we can avoid sending birthday emails to say b2b and blacklisted customers.

I just put out version 1.0.3 of the module, you can now enter customer groups you'd like to restrict the emails to. I did it a dirty way, were you have to enter the group id's manually, instead of picking from a nice pick menu, but it works. Just install over your existing install, and then pick your groups.

I just released version 2.0.0 of the module. I re-wrote it, and added email logging to it. Uninstall and delete your current version, then d/l and install this version. You will be getting a new security key doing this, so update your cron job to reflect it.

Works nicely.

No Subject was found for birthday in the database.

I was able to change the email subject in translations in earlier versions, however the email subject text box does not show up now. How can I change it in v2.0.0?

Works nicely.

No Subject was found for birthday in the database.

I was able to change the email subject in translations in earlier versions, however the email subject text box does not show up now. How can I change it in v2.0.0?

I released version 2.0.1 to fix this issue. Simply install over your existing module.

@slick_303 Installed 2.0.1 but still see the same issue with email subject being unavailable in the translations.

The other interesting thing is that the email template for %discount voucher can't be seen. Only the absolute value translation shows up and it does not have a subject. I tried after a clear cache too.