thirty bees forum

German support for thirty bees

lesley

But perhaps this is not good for any country I go to the product page. I see the price for 1 but want to buy 3. I press + twice. For me, the correct thing would be that the price changed to reflect the price for 3 units but the shown unit price would show for 1 unit. Is there a module somewhere fixing this?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can't buy products by these units, neither is the price shown on the bill a unit price.

Unit prices exist to make product comparisons easier. An example:

(Picture from http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.de/2015/07/working-backwards-from-retail-to-cost.html)

One yogurt costs $1.62, the other one $0.72. Which one is cheaper? Ignoring unit prices one needs a pocket calculator to find out.

With unit prices it's much easier: The $1.62 yogurt is $0.05/oz, so it's cheaper than the $0.72 one with $0.12/oz!

At checkout, one pays neither $0.05 nor $0.12, but the product price: $1.62. Or $4.86 if one takes three.

But Markus, what is the need to show the unit price for the t-shirt? It will just show the same price twice. Products like food mild or whatever is very ok and law everywhere but not for items that have fixed price per item. If I buy a t-shirt for 10 € or one for 20 €, they can never be compared

I'm sorry, but this workaround doesn't do it in every case. We tested this already. You can disable smarty cache to avoid this annoying caching error. This works in any case! But that's not really an elegant solution. Neither the PS 1.7 solution by splitting hookDisplayProductPriceBlock.tpl. We have a great module in Germany, Presta plus by Online Shopsysteme, which can be combined with AEUC. Among a lot of other features it provides the possibility of individual delivery times per product and repairs the AEUC cache problem. Works like a charm with TB. In Prestashop it is quite easy to reproduce the AEUC cache error by just login in as customer during order. As soon as you log out the double or triple display of the tax label vanishes. But it's different in TB, though sometimes you still get this error, but not with login. May be this is a result of improved cache management in TB.

As Occam said it for PS V1.7 the cuplrit file for PS1.6 is also : hookDisplayProductPriceBlock.tpl

For me it worked the 1.5 years to set the whole content of this tpl into the no cache brackets: {nocache}… {/nocache} We could then still run PS smarty caching and a full page cache module (offered by BELVG). cheers

@Pedalman It worked for me, too. This is why I had proposed in the PS forum to apply this fix. But then I learned from Whiley that despite this change some of his customers from time to time faced this cache error. From that point on we recommended just the disabling of smarty cache. But I would not prefer this solution for TB.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i am still trying with TB, now i have installed our Theme which we will use. It works with TB in the same way as with PrestaShop, so far ok....

But... i have installed 2 languages, German and English. The AdvancedEUcompliance module is installed. TB shows the changes of AdvancedEUcompliance in German language.

When i switch to English, none of the AdvancedEUcompliance -changes are shown (e.g. shipping costs near the items). It seems thats this module is only installed for "German", but how can i change this?

thank you

With no caches it is shown correctly at start page, product page and category page. Now i have turned on the cache and it is shown already, but also the really old bug with twice the "Tax included Shipping excluded Tax included Shipping excluded"..... arrrgggh, thought this was fixed in TB.

Hmm, you can do it in the main bug report forum in german. https://forum.thirtybees.com/category/10/bug-reports Or in the german sub forum in german as well. We have a couple of german readers / community members that are vested in getting this module working as well.

I guess Michael's fully aware that this caching bug isn't solved yet. It may occur by switching the laguage, but this happens just by accident. I did explain above how you can help yourself - the best way still is just to deactivate the smarty cache. Not even in PS 1.7 they were able to find out what exactly caused the bug in this hook. In any case it started with a later release of AEUC, though I don't know which one exactly. The predecessor EU legal ( unril PS 1.6.1.2) did not cause this bug though it contained already most of the AEUC hooks.

Hello Occam, also thank you for these informations. I know about the problems with Smartycache in PS 1.6...

So, now i have turned off the Smartycache in my TB installation.(standard in a fresh installation is on). debugging is all off, CCC is all off. "use MemCache" is off. TB is still fast, but it was noticeable faster with the Smartycache on.

There are still some basic needs for Europe/Germany which should be realized with this module (in my opinion). Can anyone tell if TB is working on the AEUC for more settings and extensions? E.g.: - items short description in shopping cart - basic price also in catergory or blocks and in cart

thank you

• 4 years later...
On 6/24/2017 at 2:58 PM, Havouza said:

I have never doubted that the feature is necessary, but I doubt that even the German law sa that you must show unit price on everything

Germany has a law for many things but I don't know one either for this issue. What might be interesting for (marketplace) retailers is the German Packaging Act. It used to have influence only on shipments in Germany but in the last years it has been expanded and obligates now also other countries to license their packaging material when shipping to Germany. 

9 hours ago, timHa said:

Germany has a law for many things but I don't know one either for this issue.

I wouldn't agree. For all items that have length or volume measurements, a base price must be specified. This applies not only to Germany, but is legally required throughout the EU. Not necessarily in the product list or cart, but in product details.