thirty bees forum

Let's talk about Search!

dynambee

@dynambee said in Let's talk about Search!:

Great progress has been made toward's crowdfunding the ElasticSearch module! It's currently at $1747 out of a needed $2300. If anyone has been meaning to donate but hasn't done so yet, now would be a great time!

There are still two Presto Changeo discount coupons available. Donate at least $75 and get 40% off the entire total of one checkout at Presto Changeo. Buy one module or ten, get 40% off your entire cart's total!

There are also two of @lesley's generously donated support packages remaining. One for 2 hours ($125 donation) and one for 10 hours ($500 donation). Support the ES module and save a bundle on your support needs!

@mdekker will be developing the ES module. By donating to this project you are helping support one of the key 30bz developers, too.

Let's make it happen!

Let's make it happen, people, just as @dynambee outlined. Very generous perks, too, for supporting crowdfunding the Elastic Search module.

It's up to $1752.00 now and growing!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very big thanks to @vincentdenkspel who increased his total contribution to $500 bringing the current total to $2052!

An equally big thank you to the Anonymous donor who also put in $500, and of course huge credit & thanks to @lesley who generously donated the 20 hours of his time & skills that attracted these large donations.

@vincentdenkspel said in Let's talk about Search!:

@dynambee Thank you. However it is a crowdfunding project and the i think the amount someone contributes to this project does not matter. All contributions are equally welcome.

I think there are two sides.

On one, you and the anon donor have both been very generous and I think many current & future 30bz users should be thankful for that.

On the other side, yes, smaller donations are also extremely important and the project would never get funded without those donations. The larger the crowd (heh, 30bz swarm?) the better!

I only really hope that voted for this module on the blogpost will indeed contribute.

Yes, if everyone who voted for ES on the poll put a little money into the fund development would be starting already. We're getting close though, $233 to go!

Thank you to @alwayspaws for the latest donation!

@dynambee Thank you for the acknowledgement, Ian. I tend to do as much as possible to bring attention to thirty bees on Facebook and Twitter.

Thirty bees is a phenomenal group of people working together towards the same goals and I'm proud to be a part of this group.

One thing I would like to mention about the anonymous donor that has been talked about. He has 14 products in his in 4 categories. He has been a long time client at dh42. He did not donate because he needed a better search module. With the low number of products he has he will likely never even look at the module. He donated because PrestaShop could never fix the tax problem in the core. He saw that we were making progress and getting things fixed. He believed in us and our project, that is why he donated, like I am sure many of you have. We are almost at our goal and I want to thank everyone that has helped us get there.

It was mentioned in https://thirtybees.com/blog/elasticsearch-crowdfunding/ how to handle it if the goal is exceeded.

@lesley will have to reply if that plan still is on or if he prefers to create a separate Indiegogo project for the Blog module.

@roband7 Thanks! I'll check out the blog.

Checked out the blog!

@lesley @mdekker @administrators @Global-Moderators @dynambee

Let's see if we can get more contributions, because the below is a great motivator!

"If we exceed our goal by $1000 we are going to also expand the blog module as discussed in our post here. If we exceed the goal by $2000 we will expand the blog module and also expand the review module as discussed in the post as well. That should be incentive to help us break our goals, because all three of these modules can directly help your shop and your sales."

When the blog post was written I think it was difficult to predict exactly how much interest there would be in the crowdfunding project. Personally I was (privately) concerned that our small but vibrant community wouldn't yet be quite big enough to raise such an amount of money. I'm very happy that my concerns were misplaced and we have hit the $2300 goal!

IMO the best way forward at this point is to develop the first module (the ES module) and once that has been released have a new vote to choose the next module to crowdfund. Having the first module available & working well will be a great proof of concept and example of the excellent quality of these crowdfunded modules. My hope is that having such an example in place will encourage even more people to donate which will result in more modules for everyone. Spreading out the crowdfunding drives a bit also makes it easier for those who donated to the ES module to donate again to the next project, which will also help.

Just my 2 yen's worth.

@dynambee said in Let's talk about Search!:

IMO the best way forward at this point is to develop the first module (the ES module) and once that has been released have a new vote to choose the next module to crowdfund. Having the first module available & working well will be a great proof of concept and example of the excellent quality of these crowdfunded modules. My hope is that having such an example in place will encourage even more people to donate which will result in more modules for everyone. Spreading out the crowdfunding drives a bit also makes it easier for those who donated to the ES module to donate again to the next project, which will also help.

Just my 2 yen's worth.

Agree with you, Ian. One step at a time is better. My two pennies worth. :)

@lesley - What do you think of @dynambee's suggestion?