thirty bees forum

Let's talk about Search!

dynambee

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Havouza Thanks for letting us know! I was worried when we didn't hear from @wakabayashi for several days. @dynambee I didn't know he was on vacay, either. @roband7 @Tomik LOL! Glad he took a vacation because it's going to be his last one until he finishes the new module. Good luck, Michael!

• 1 month later...

@dynambee it's only recently started development from what I know so it'll be a few months I would think. It's likely this will be something that's earmarked for 1.1.x

I never said it was in 1.1x I said it's likely, it's just my opinion. You've got to give them time to develop it, it's no easy task. Given how complex it is I would have thought it'd be 1.1 because it's a lot of work and I presume it's going to change the fundamental structure of the whole search mechanism. I personally wouldn't want something like that put onto 1.0.x because that's meant to be bug fixes only and no new features.

I am quite sure that the module will be compatible for 1.0.x. I can't see any reason, why it shouldn't be. Michael was working on it, but then he was little bit distracted with some personal stuff (non tb related). But now he is coding again :thumbsup_tone1:

My tip: while you are wating for ES module, prepare for christmas sales ;) :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@daokakao said in Let's talk about Search!:

One small question: have somebody heard something about SPHINX full-text search engine for MySQL? It already has modules for PS1.6 connection.

http://sphinxsearch.com/

As its dev say, it is very fast and has reasonable memory consume.

There are a few drawbacks to Sphinx and there are quite a few extra benefits to Elasticsearch. I covered a bit of this a few months ago in a different thread. Overall right now ES is the best open source search engine, and it is improving the fastest as well.

• 2 weeks later...