thirty bees forum

Major problems: Search does not work after update to 1.0.8

violinparts

I have major problems now after updating from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8. - Search function does NO longer works. - Search of browisng using brands/manufacturer NO longer works.

Please help ASAP!!!!!

Site: rackmetro.com

The only search that works is elasticsearch. That's because it uses the server elasticsearch. But elasticsearch is now not much useful because it is not accurate.

Search in top is elastic search. Search below menu is standard search.

Great, good luck over there, I will close your accounts here.

Honestly 99% of people in our community make working with thirty bees a pleasure. People like you really gut punch us and need to be weeded out from our community. Sure there are bugs, there are bugs in any software package with over 1 million lines of code. We don't actively try to make bugs, we actively try to fix them. The actual developers are here, in the forums, trying to help fix them. Other packages developers do not even go to the forums and if you want a fix by them they charge you. Pick your road.

• Like 1

I did not put blame on anyone. I offered to help. I took time, did a fresh installation to try to reproduce the problem. I could not reproduce the problem. So I asked for access so I could help you solve the problem. Then you acted all weird like you have super secret customer data. I am sorry, but you don't. I manage close to 1000 ecommerce sites, you don't have anything I haven't seen before or any information I am not insured against if there is a breach because of me.

Just imagine things from my shoes. If I bought a product from you (which you haven't bought anything from us) and said there was a problem with it, wouldn't you want me to give you access to the problem so you could verify? Then you could handle the problem. But what if I refused to give you access to the product? How would you solve it?

@violinparts don't overreact. I understand that you don't want to give @lesley BO access. So do what I do: Make a clone of your website on a subfolder and delete any data you don't want to reveile. Give @lesley access to that and when he tells you how to fix the issue backport it to your live site. The whole proccess would take less than half an hour. I dare you to go to prestashop and try to contact a core developer who wants to fix the issue for you for free Just my 2c

Am I missing a point can you not block access to important info via Permissions ???? Also slight over reaction to a issue that can be easily looked into . I very much doubt Lesley would do anything to jeopardize TB with dodgy dealing in your back office

@Purity he is using elasticsearch and you are probably (?) using the normal search.

But his reaction is not legitimate: 1. lesley offered help, but he doesn't want to give access 2. he is using elasticsearch, which needs quite a bit of knowledge to handle it. 3. he "threats" to go back to ps. after all since when does ps offer elasticsearch?

@wakabayashi said in Major problems: Search does not work after update to 1.0.8:

@Purity he is using elasticsearch and you are probably (?) using the normal search.

But his reaction is not legitimate: 1. lesley offered help, but he doesn't want to give access 2. he is using elasticsearch, which needs quite a bit knowledge to handle it. 3. he "threats" to go back to ps. after all since when does ps offer elasticsearch?

I am indeed using the normal search but unless I misunderstood something he said he uninstalled elastic search and couldn't get the regular search working either.

• 5 months later...