thirty bees forum

MySQL 5.6.41 to MariaDB 10.2?

DorkV89

Question

Hello,

My VPS is still running on MySQL 5.6.41 and because this version is Near end of life I want to update to the latest version. In WHM MariaDB 10.2 is mark as recommended but when I upgrade I can't downgrade. Is it safe to upgrade? I am running several TB 1.0.7 (going to 1.0.8), PS 1.6.X , PS 1.7.x and wordpress websites. Do I need to change something in the config after updating?

Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

Finally yesterday I had time to do the upgrade from 10.1 to 10.4.8 and so far I haven't noticed any problems. CWP seems happy, TB seems happy. If I do come across any issues I'll be sure to report here.

I followed the directions here, in case anyone else running CentOS 7 wants to make the same upgrade.

Hi @lesley, do you know if MariaDB 10.3 and/or 10.4 are safe to use with TB 1.1.x bleeding edge?

I want to use recursive SQL queries which require 10.2 (currently running 10.1) but if I'm going to upgrade I figured I may as well go with the newest I can. 10.4 seems to be considered stable these days, so...

On 10/8/2019 at 1:23 PM, dynambee said:

Thanks for the reply! I will do a full server backup and attempt 10.4. Once I'm comfortable with it I'll report back if everything is working OK. Many test & dev sites running on this server, wish me luck...

Did 10.4 work for you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Briljander said:

Did 10.4 work for you?

Yeah, MariaDB 10.4.8 is running without any troubles or apparent compatibility issues.

It's a CentOS7 server (not that it should matter, really) running CWP and I did the upgrade manually following the steps shown here. CWP seems just fine with 10.4.8 as well.

On the Thirty Bees side of things, I am running 1.1.x Bleeding Edge.