thirty bees forum

Some ideas for improvement

wakabayashi

Hello

I just installed the blog module and it looks solid :grinning: :thumbsup: Still I want to share improvements ideas:

• Preview a post for author. This is very helpful when you are creating a post, but don't want it to publish yet.
  • Author widget. Instead of just showing blank name, it would be nice to have an avatar & little description.
  • Translation option. You offer a field "available for these languages". That's a very nice feature, but I would disable it, if user has only one languaged installed. I would also consider, to preselect default language.
  • Link blog with ecommerce. I think in the longer run, the blog should be linked deeper with the ecommerce system. It' should be easy, to insert links to a product. Also reversed: to insert blog posts on categories or products pages.
  • Shortcodes. This is related with the previous point. It would be amazing to have a shortcode system, which devs/designer could use. Imagine of something like this: [smalllist idcategory=12 products=5]

Edit: * RSS Feed * Including links to sitemap

How do you like about my ideas? Feel free to add your own in this thread!

• 2 weeks later...

The following usability would be interesting: - Integration with social media, mainly facebook, instagran and google + - Comments coming from facebook or instagran - Add related products - SEO Improvement (Meta Title, Meta Tag) - Short description to be visible on the homepage - small blocks and squares instead of list, force images into thumbnails (improve design)

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have the most important feature for nowdays....AMP feature. Implement AMP at least in the blog is a HUGE advantage in SEO nowdays. Could you implement it? Prestachamps.com are building a very good AMP module. Maybe you could make a collaboration to implement it in the blog section. AMP is not so good for the rest of the website as it cut off a lot of useful features for merchants but in blog.... this is almost a MUST (take a look in wordpress)

It is really funny to read all this. AMP or GA. None of them are made for the merchants. The only perpose is to collect as much info as possible to Google. And if you dont do as they want they punish you. It is horrible when one company has come that far

@Havouza It's an open source project. If a feature doesn't exist and it's top priority for you, hire someone or buy a module and get it tailored to you. You can always donate that code back to the project.

An alternate route is choosing a different CMS that is capable of AMP and create content that links back to a product. WordPress has an AMP plugin for that. Haven't checked other CMS's.

@dprophitjr said in Some ideas for improvement:

@wakabayashi You mean like WooCommerce product slider? I've submitted a feature request awhile ago to support oEmbed for thirty bees.

@dprophitjr Sorry, what is your question about? I dont know WooCommerce. I just proposed my ideas for a better blog. There are surely more. I can just say, that I implemented a short code system to my blog. You can do so powerful things with it and it saves a lot of time.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I really don't want to add anything to the major subject, but I rather prefer to add a couple of words about the AMP module:

1. Denver after saving your butt numerous time in front of the clients, I was expecting a bit more respect. That was when you're worked at strike hawk.
  2. Who ever has any information that AMP will die soon, please guys sent it over to me, caz Google just launched a new section "Bind" Elements which will allow image switches.
  3. Whoever has doubts about AMP, try the module, then we discuss profits and everything else, and When I'm talking about AMP module than not the ones on addons- check the Prestachamps ones.

4. I'm not sure when the module will be 30bees ready, (it's not on our priority list now) unfortunately it needs to be Presta 1.7 ready.

If there are questions in regards to the AMP subject, SEO, how a Wordpress site can have free AMP as well ;) don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards

Leo

@LeoChamp First off. I'm not sure why you are trying to insult me? Not even sure what you're offended about? 2nd, You had two clients we hosted at strikehawk. One you kind of pushed away because they didn't want to pay your rates. The other is quite happy and I was just on the phone with them the other day.

So, don't come here and make up a story that you 'saved my butt so many times'.

If someone who buys a module and makes improvements to it far beyond the original, that's just going to happen.

Come on dude!

AMP is not just there to fasten up your page.We can optimize a webpage on Mobile and Desktop version's as well with a proper server in order to load between 1-2 seconds. The 1 second means that you're using a page cache (creating static elements), which will bring things to further problems. As mentioned the comment had nothing to do with 30bees., it was only related to AMP in general. Also, I'm glad that people talk about our AMP, which means that we're doing something right ;)

Even the assumption that using an AMP is there only to fasten up things is ridiculous. The idea of not using, or barely using a JS is fantastic, at least from my end.

PS: Denver - I'm not insulting you in any way. Also, I never pushed away a client away that's a different "Legend" ;) Legend which along with you have been saved by Prestachamps several times. Also, Accept my apology I just saw that the remark, in regards to not sure how it's supported hasn't been added by you, which actually triggered my Friday Mood .

Regards

Leo