thirty bees forum

Impossible to save modification in product

Pilou

Ok, thank you again.

The console of Chrome tell me :
GET https://domaine.com/adminxxxxx/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&token=1cde86543fce9cd47906f6b79c6b0137&id_product=46&action=Attachments&updateproduct&ajax=1&rand=1571906412506&_=1571906412033    503

and sometimes, there are no error in Network XHR

Ko7x1RB.jpg

Your browser sends a lot of requests in parallel (14 or so), and your server evidently can't handle this. Your hosting (or maybe cloudflare or similar service) can (and probably do) throttle number of simultaneous connections per IP address, and drop some requests using 503 error code. 

I checked on my chrome, and it sends only 4 parallel requests -- maybe you can configure your browser to use fewer simultaneous connections per server.

Now, I'm not sure if this is thirtybees problem or not. Of course, TB could use better queuing strategy to pre-load tabs via ajax... but the current works quite fine in most situation. Looks to me this problem is specific to your browser settings + your server limitations

I believe the fix for 1.1.x bleeding edge has been committed, so you might try now to update via the core updater again, and see if your problem goes away.  Assuming they have the fix available for the updater, it will work.  If it doesnt work, I would say its a server issue...

I have just tried the latest updates via Core Updater, the spinning is no longer there.  So try on your site, and if it still does it, assuming you have no overrides or modules affecting product editing, its a server issue of some sort.

Hi Slick_303,

Thanks for your answer.

I just did the update and it seems to work better.

Edited 5 products and 4 were ok to save and for one only, I needed to push F5 two or three times to access the 'save' button.

May be you're right about the server, but my prestashop run on the same one and it's ok.

Thanks again all 😉

23 hours ago, datakick said:

Your hosting (or maybe cloudflare or similar service) can (and probably do) throttle number of simultaneous connections per IP address, and drop some requests using 503 error code.

I'd consider this to be a broken hosting. Especially when returning 503 instead of just queuing/delaying requests. 15+ simultaneous requests isn't that unusual, could be 20 images on a static page as well.

Can we quit with accusations of hosting being the problem in order to avoid fixing issues please?

No its not, My Save buttons do not work either and they did before

Ive just Updated via Core Updater, cleared caches and the problem remains.

What kind of testing gets done round here, when there are terminal issues like this occuring and there's an attitude by the senior devs to blame something else instead of providing solutions? Days ago this was reported and now its a blame game and no fix.

I came to thirtybees because the attitude was stated as NOT being like Prestashop, that there was a commitment to fixing things.

Im trying to load a whole bunch of products into the system, and I cannot do the basics. Some things automatically save when you dont want them to, others cant be saved (such as shipping) and the buttons are endlessly spinning

As of yesterday, I withdrew my support for thirtybees because of this attitude plus the culture of not manning up to things that have been committed to and communicating professionally

Edited by Mark

5 hours ago, Mark said:

I came to thirtybees because the attitude was stated as NOT being like Prestashop, that there was a commitment to fixing things.

Hello Mark,

I thought like you, but I see that many founders have already left the ship.
I am still in the testing phase, but I hesitate more and more to take the step...

Well, can u than just run localhost so they can know for sure its not hosting problem? I had same issue, but in my case it was done by external module, where uninstall nor disabling overrides/modules did not help and i had to fix DB manually. My case was migration too.  Well and no one is holding you, but GL. 

6 hours ago, Mark said:

Days ago this was reported and now its a blame game and no fix.

We can fix only things that can be reproduced. I support lots of thirtybees shops, and not one of them has this issue. If you don't believe me, you can test it on my demo server account here. This problem is also not reproducible on vanilla installation. That all lead to conclusion that this is issue with your specific installation - some third party module, server issue, or what not. 

We are happy to fix bugs that can be reproduced, ideally on vanilla installation. If you can describe the steps how to reproduce the issue, it will be fixed.

...there are terminal issues like this occuring and there's an attitude by the senior devs to blame something else instead of providing solutions

It is true that *serious bug* regarding ever-spinning button was commited into 1.1.x branch - bleeding edge. It affected only those people who upgraded to bleeding edge after Oct 8. (Note that the problem originally reported in this forum thread was NOT caused by that bug. Simply because the user did not run on bleeding edge, and also it was reported on Oct 7).

This bug was discovered (reported to github) on Oct 21. I guess not many merchants updated to bleeding edge between Oct 8 and Oct 21 - I would assume such a serious bug would be reported sooner.  The fix was implemented on Oct 21 -- yes, it took whole zero days to fix this, since it was reported.

I don't know, but I don't think this is *blaming something else instead of providing solutions*

Of course, this kind of bug should never made it into 1.1.x branch in the first place. But it did. We devs are only people, and things like this happens sometimes. Thankfully, this was never *officially* released, as bleeding edge is not an official release version. 

As of yesterday, I withdrew my support for thirtybees because of this attitude plus the culture of not manning up to things that have been committed to and communicating professionally

Sorry to hear that

• Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, SLiCK_303 said:

@x97wehner problem was a server issue.

how's your issue still coming @Pilou?

Mine ended up being a combo of the issue that was resolved with the recent bleeding edge update, as well as the server, and then caching. Had to test it on a new PC with a new browser and new internet connection to verify it was all working after the update. It is, just had to get it all cleared.

On 10/31/2019 at 7:45 PM, datakick said:

We can fix only things that can be reproduced. I support lots of thirtybees shops, and not one of them has this issue. If you don't believe me, you can test it on my demo server account here. This problem is also not reproducible on vanilla installation. That all lead to conclusion that this is issue with your specific installation - some third party module, server issue, or what not. 

@datakick I newly established TB not long ago at 1.0.8 and have done ll the upgrades since, so my codebase is not far from fresh, and have never interfered with any code except to add php.ini and phpinfo. I run bleeding edge. It was running fine on my server and then it was not and still isn't.  If the server has not been touched, how can that be the server if once was that was fine? The only thing that has changed is the code. Clearly others have also had the issue. Whenever I talk to you thirtybees guys its always "the server" and everything stops there.

As a side comment, I dont why php.ini isnt established in the code base.

We are happy to fix bugs that can be reproduced, ideally on vanilla installation. If you can describe the steps how to reproduce the issue, it will be fixed.

Steps to reproduce are: Go to to any product page. The Save buttons are constantly spinning. There is no way to Save.

It is true that *serious bug* regarding ever-spinning button was commited into 1.1.x branch - bleeding edge. It affected only those people who upgraded to bleeding edge after Oct 8. (Note that the problem originally reported in this forum thread was NOT caused by that bug. Simply because the user did not run on bleeding edge, and also it was reported on Oct 7).

This bug was discovered (reported to github) on Oct 21. I guess not many merchants updated to bleeding edge between Oct 8 and Oct 21 - I would assume such a serious bug would be reported sooner.  The fix was implemented on Oct 21 -- yes, it took whole zero days to fix this, since it was reported.

I don't know, but I don't think this is *blaming something else instead of providing solutions*

Blaming servers for this and walking away from it leaving users to work it out for themselves is not cool. Thats not a solution. I realise you cant fix everything, there's so much to do and you are only human, but this one is terminal with no work around.

It did not take zero days to fix. Its still broken. This Post was first made on Oct 8

There should be some sort of "server test" for an issue that we can undertake if you believe it could truly be a server issue, so that we have something to resolve things, never have them hang.

Here I m trying to get products editted and loaded and its impossible right on Christmas time.

Of course, this kind of bug should never made it into 1.1.x branch in the first place. But it did. We devs are only people, and things like this happens sometimes. Thankfully, this was never *officially* released, as bleeding edge is not an official release version. 

I have even more issues if I dont use bleeding edge so I am forced to use this (under your recommendation from another post)

Edited by Mark

On 10/31/2019 at 6:53 PM, Pilou said:

Hello Mark,

I thought like you, but I see that many founders have already left the ship.
I am still in the testing phase, but I hesitate more and more to take the step...

@Pilou PS/ TB is complex and trying to do something large, so Ive tried to cut slack, but I always get this "its your server" nonsense and there it ends, without any clue as to what this apparent issue with my server is. Things dont work when they did just days before with no server changes so I am pretty sure its an excuse to get rid of the complainant. I have a list of about 30 things that are frustrating, although there is a work around for most. However this one is terminal.

Ive also put things into github that started out promisingly but never got done properly and all issues I have reported still remain.

Edited by Mark

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

@SLiCK_303 Im running 1.1.x Bleeding Edge, as I have been for sometime, and this problem did not previously exist for me on Bleeding Edge

Bleeding Edge is just that, the latest changes, so problems will on occasion come up.  If it's been awhile since you upgraded to BE, I recommend you run the updater again, and see if there are any file changes

5 minutes ago, SLiCK_303 said:

Bleeding Edge is just that, the latest changes, so problems will on occasion come up.  If it's been awhile since you upgraded to BE, I recommend you run the updater again, and see if there are any file changes

I ran the updater about 10 minutes ago, cleared the cache, logged out. logged in.

Ive been on BE probably 4-6 weeks now, because there are issues in cauterised edge I cant go back to

Still the same.

Edited by Mark

Instead of highjacking this thread, why don't you start a new one with your problems, or maybe do a couple of new topics even, or are you having this same issue?

In case you had a working system, until you ran the coreupdater,  you can revert back to a working setup via the coreupdater's backup files, assuming its a file issue, and not a db problem.

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Steps to reproduce are: Go to to any product page. The Save buttons are constantly spinning. There is no way to Save.

I'm sorry, but these are just not reproducible. 

• If I do this on my local installation --> it works.
  • If I do this on my demo server running BE --> it works (by the way, did you test it on my demo server?)
  • I even logged into back office of 2 clients of mine running on bleeding edge 1.1.x --> could not reproduce, it works.

This means that the same code runs flawlessly on 4 installations, but does not run on yours... What should I infer from these information? Most likely it's an issue at your side. It may be something trivial, such as stale cloudflare cache returing old javascript file, or your browser cache. It can be some third party module throwing js error on your admin page, blocking other javascripts, including the one responsible for save buttons. Or it can be browser issue -- for example, I never tested how it worked on edge, since I don't have windows. It can be anything.

If you give me access to your back office I might be able to aswer these questions. If you don't give me access, and are unable to provide steps to reproduce this problem on other installations, then there is nothing anyone can do to help you. 

15 hours ago, Mark said:

PS/ TB is complex and trying to do something large, so Ive tried to cut slack, but I always get this "its your server" nonsense and there it ends, without any clue as to what this apparent issue with my server is. Things dont work when they did just days before with no server changes so I am pretty sure its an excuse to get rid of the complainant. I have a list of about 30 things that are frustrating, although there is a work around for most. However this one is terminal.

Ive also put things into github that started out promisingly but never got done properly and all issues I have reported still remain.

You're right.

I'm going to test a fresh install of Tb, install the theme I use and at last install the few modules I use, and may be I can reproduce the problem.

5 minutes ago, Pilou said:

I'm going to test a fresh install of Tb, install the theme I use and at last install the few modules I use, and may be I can reproduce the problem.

Can I recommend you do backups between those steps, so if something goes wrong with one of them you have a backup to go back to

Ok, quickly find...

After installing Tb, it was ok, I can save products.

Same after installing my theme.

Then installed payment modules, first Mollie, Ok, I can save products.
Second was Paygreen module (Ps module v2.5.5), once installed, impossible to save products...
I disabled it, no change.
I uninstalled it, then I can save products.
I reinstalled it, and ... impossible to save products.

In Chrome console, I can see that: https://i.imgur.com/XQ9nntH.jpg
If I try to click on error lines and open it in another tab, it display the page but without admin theme (as old html page).

If a good guy have an idea, I will be very happy