thirty bees forum

Checkout Page Option 3 Login to see Payment Methods

lovelygifts

Question

Hi,

So, I've been trying to figure out this one to no avail (I'm not a web designer/coder) - therefore, my knowledge is a bit limited, although I do always try to work these things out before asking in a forum.

When customer is not logged in and they have an item in basket, on the check out page it has '3 Please Choose Your Payment Method' and underneath Log In To See Payment Methods' -   I would really like to remove that wording if possible as I think it may put some people off checking out, or it confuses them as I have the option to checkout as a guest. Can this be achieved please and how so?

Thanks in advance, Claire - https://lovely-gifts.co.uk 

paymentmethod.PNG

11 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

I believe you can change this under translation in backoffice. You should check for error messages or so.

Hi, sorry perhaps I didn't make it clear what I meant. It's not the language I need to change - I just don't want that wording to appear on my checkout page... I can't see how translations does this but I'm not a coder so maybe I'm being thick here /)

17 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

I believe you can change this under translation in backoffice. You should check for error messages or so.

Can I ask, which file in the back end would I find this wording please? I'm thinking remove it from there - I clicked modify in the back office and got an error message about needing to get in touch with my host company

10 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

I have such a phrase in controllers/front/OrderOpcController.php.

In general I wouldn't recommend you, to change it there... But for a fast fix, it might work.

Ok thank you - If I were to just change the wording then rather than remove it; will it be ok? If I did remove it, what might happen please?     TIA 😉

5 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Probably nothing too bad happens. But you should still return something:

if (!$this->isLogged) {
            return '';
        }

Of course you can also use something: "You will see payment methods after saving your address".

You're a starlet! Thanks, so for now I have just changed the wording, which I think will make it clearer to potential buyers now. I've put 'Either pay via Paypal above or sign in to pay via stripe'

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Claire

• Like 3

If the quick fix works, you could translate from the back office, so that future automatic updates to OrderOpcController.php don't effect you. Maybe you are doing it already but I'll type this anyway!

"Please choose a country and address to see payment methods" was my choice although ""You will see payment methods after saving your address" looks better because you can now find ways of pre-selecting the customers' country and "'Either pay via Paypal above or sign in to pay via stripe" looks simpler. 

back>localisation>translations>| front office | your theme  | english>modify
(I stuck with "english-english" to stay simple)
>expand all fieldsets
control+F to find the first "Please sign in to see payment methods.", (or whatever the wording on your theme), change it, save, expand all field sets again and repeat till done.

I had a go at removing with a style sheet in backoffice>preferences>custom code|css
but didn't really know what I was doing; the style looked as though it would apply to a lot of other things as well . The idea worked better on other parts of the form and I have rough notes under "tips and tricks" "Default one page checkout shortened from the back office css panel" on this forum site.
good luck 
John

Edited by veganline
  • Like 1

I had this exact same problem with Braintree .Payment options only showed up after they logged in.. I too have lost a lot of customers this way.. I have since removed and am trying to organise alternative payment methods that show up whether they are logged in or not 

• Like 1