thirty bees forum

Facebook Shop

AndyC

This is something I have been meaning to do for a long time as with over 1000 doing 1 at a time would take for ever.

Is there a free script or module that can make a CSV for uploading in facebook. I don't particularly want to connect as it is just to stressful going though facebook development site

thanks

Hello,

You can use the datakick Data Manager for that.  It's a very powerfull tool to manage products and build collection of datas

But it's not a free module. You can try it for 2 weeks + 2 more weeks extended

Edited by Pierrox15
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AndyC said:

I can't.. He's not responding to my requests and don't know why really...I've asked for help on his forum as well and not had a response in 3 days

I can only guess ofc. But in the past he invested very much time into support for a not very big return. 

As a merchant I know such requets from daily work. Imagine customer "type A" is asking a lot of question about your products and then (maybe) buys a something for 30$. In the meantime 5 other customers from "type B" bought without any questions/support (some of them maybe even spent a lot bigger amount). Which customer type do you prefer?

Of course nobody can expect, to sell only to type B. But maybe the percentage of type A is just too big for him. 

You can try our module to export your catalog to FB, I think this is what you are looking for:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-import-export/45371-pixel-catalog-and-remarketing-feed.html

It has catalog export which can be used for pixel and you can also track FB pixel events.

Note: categorizing in FB not possible due to FB import limitations, it has no category field in CSV structure.

wakabayash. I wasn't complaining. He has helped me in the past. Really just saying I don't know why , he may be on holiday, busy with something else who knows ...  

innercode.. Thanks for the info..Although  I am more after a script /simple module so I can upload via facebook once or twice a year

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, AndyC said:

have just found a superb module to get products onto your facebook shop and only Costs 10 Euro's. Even I got it working in 15 minutes ..Don't know if I can share though

Please do privately with me at least. thanks

In my experience, the biggest problem with sending data to fb/google is data quality. Merchants are looking for a 'one click' solution, but it does not exists. It's a lot of (manual) work to build a good enough dataset.

Facebook and google expects a lot of information, and they complain if you don't provide it. 

For example,

• the xml should contain <g:google_product_category> element, that should contain product category -- from google taxonomy list. This information can't be found anywhere in thirtybees database, of course. There needs to be a mechanism to map your categories to google category list. And somebody have to actually enter this mapping to the system.
  • For some products, fb requires that you provide additional information, like gender or target age. Again, that's not something that is readily available in thirtybees database. 
  • xml must contain <gtin> info. In tb, this an be either UPC code, ISBN code, or EAN code. If you don't enter these information to your products, google will reject the xml.
  • ... and more

It's just not possible to install a module and expect that it will magically figure out all these information out of thin air. These information needs to be manually entered somewhere. My module allows entering this information, because it support custom fields. But merchant still need to fill in the data. 

• Like 2

I got mine on facebook without the google taxonomy and products are linked to my website pages as well though this module.. It is just a quick fix until I sort out google stuff ..All I needed was ID which

Have just worked out why google taxonomy wasn't working .. I had to manually download as per instruction on the module as it tells you what to do if it doesn't work

Edited by AndyC

Hello,

I found this module by chance and it is the one I am currently using, the truth is that it works well and is inexpensive.

https://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/export-catalog-for-facebook-pixel-dynamic-ads.html

Cheers,

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tuxed said:

Hello,

I found this module by chance and it is the one I am currently using, the truth is that it works well and is inexpensive.

https://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/export-catalog-for-facebook-pixel-dynamic-ads.html

Cheers,

That is the 1 , but didn't want to spam the forum with links to other sites 🙂