thirty bees forum

Indiegogo ElasticSearch project

vincentdenkspel

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is something we would have to consult with someone that knows more about ie a lawyer or someone very familiar with OSS. But in the end we are going to license the module in such a way that would make it impossible for people to make a paid module out of it. Even if we have to license just classes in the module itself that we have rewritten. Someone selling one of our free modules is not really an option for us and something we would enforce against.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a module that I will really use, but I wanted to make my little contribution to TB project and the people working in it. It is not too much because we invested all we have in our startup and we are not selling yet, but I hope it helps to make you feel that TB have compromised community :)

@Baarssen It is. We did not realize that indiegogo did not allow paypal until after we launched the campaign, which was kind of irritating. If you want to make a donate I can give you our paypal and we can honor the perks that way.

As backer of the elasticsearch campaign you will receive a request to complete a survey. I think it would be wise to address this issue of very limited payment option in the survey. I did . I find it unbelievable that they don't offer a lot more payment options. They should offer the most used payment offer for a specific country. There are service payment providers that operate globally.

I get the issue with paypal. One community member suggested we try to crowdfund on our own, without using a platform. I shut that down pretty quick, because paypal is a wildcard. They can suspend your account and freeze your funds pretty quickly and it is not something we could risk.

As for the localized payments I am not too familiar with what they offer and what other countries use.

Ofcourse creditcard is globally the most accepted and used payment method, but for instance here in the netherlands its not that common as for example in the united states. I am raised in a family who always told me to pay with what you have and not with what you expect to collect, so i am a littlebit old-fashioned in the payment methods i use, ofcourse i accept creditcard in my webshop ;) but thats because it gives me profit :) Maybe its an idea to mention in the first topic that it can also be done in this way. Just for the old fashioned shop owners among us

I've gone for the Presto-Chango 40% off voucher and paid with my credit card. This is the first crowdfunding I've ever done!

• 3 months later...