thirty bees forum

Indiegogo ElasticSearch project

vincentdenkspel

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @lesley, No I am still waiting for my hoster to upgrade mysql to implent tb. I hope that in the main time elastic search will be ready. I am asking because I don't see me moving to a dedicated server soon. So amazon's solution seems like a good idea

@dynambee An old college and friend is hosting us at 200€ per year for 5 domains unlimited emails, traffic etc. But aside of all of this the server is located in germany and since we are located in Greece I think closer is better. Cloudways (I think in the US)

Why not just start out on cloudways, they have elastic already.

Cloudways builds on top of Vultr, Digital Ocean, Kyup, Amazon, and Google, so they have data centers in 50 cites that you can launch from. There are like 5 different choices in Germany.

@nickon said in Indiegogo ElasticSearch project:

@dynambee An old college and friend is hosting us at 200€ per year for 5 domains unlimited emails, traffic etc. But aside of all of this the server is located in germany and since we are located in Greece I think closer is better. Cloudways (I think in the US)

Cloudways themselves are based in Malta. However what they offer builds on top of other cloud providers. The $34/month plan you mention is a Digital Ocean plan and Cloudways uses DO data centers in London, San Francisco, Singapore, New York, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Toronto, and Banglore.

There are other options as well though. I use VULTR with Cloudways as there are more location options globally and for the plan I have the pricing is a bit better too. VULTR EU locations are London, Amsterdam, Paris, and Frankfurt.

The cost of hosting with Cloudways would be a higher than what you pay for hosting now but less than you would pay for your current hosting + Amazon ES hosting. It sounds like you would also benefit from a more up to date platform that can run 30bz immediately.

• 1 month later...