thirty bees forum

New Feature System - Testers needed

wakabayashi

I have worked for weeks now, to improve the multiple feature system:

• Possibility to use displayble (Show a different value from filter value)
  • Usage of chosen plugin in BO Product Form
  • Possibility to add feature values in BO Product Form
  • Possibility to sort feature values and use custom seperators
  • Drop of custom feature values

Now it's time to test. PLEASE ONLY DO THIS ON A TEST ENVIRONMENT. The steps:

1. Update your test store with core update to bleeding edge.
  2. Install genzo_branch_tester module and click "update". Don't worry: this module won't be needed in the future. It's just for override files and adding an sql table.
  3. Go to core updater module and fix the database.

image.thumb.png.0d5ed5c4bd73c08e1998ad14fdc3fd4e.png

Now you should be good to go. Try to play around. Check if it works out with your filter module. With this new version, you can improve the usage of every filter module.

How do you like it?

Edited by wakabayashi

Very nice. I've tested it, and found only a small issues. For example, escaping for separator value (I can't use separator >)

Otherwise, very nice addition. 

Addition: for 'schema' -- it would be nice to also have

• {count_values} -- displays number of values
  • {first_value} -- first value according to 'Sorting settings
  • {last_value} -- last value according to 'Sorting' settings
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot Petr! Very interesting, cause when I tested it like 5 minutes on the core before releasing the module. I noticed this issue too. But I don't have it on my live site. I will check it. Cause my intention was also to allow "<br>". 

The other schema values I will implement as well ☺️

Are you on a clean installation? What I notice on my clean installation. The closing "x" of chosen is not showing up. But I guess it has nothing to do with my work...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 10:40 AM, datakick said:

Very nice. I've tested it, and found only a small issues. For example, escaping for separator value (I can't use separator >)

I believe, that this can only be fixed in the theme. Niara uses:

{$feature.value|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

If we change it simply to:

{$feature.value|escape:'UTF-8'}

Why is this necessary ? If someone can make stock quantity for combinations working right then it is good. But technical data with multiple values ? It is like nut with M2 or M3 thread and in reality You need to ask every time with what thread this thing really is.

At least can You make this thing so that layered navigation module can use slider with these values ? At the moment there is slider possible only with price. None of other things, even when data is present with numbers only.

11 hours ago, led24ee said:

Why is this necessary ? If someone can make stock quantity for combinations working right then it is good. But technical data with multiple values ? It is like nut with M2 or M3 thread and in reality You need to ask every time with what thread this thing really is.

Multiple feature values was always one of the most wanted feature in prestashop community. You might not have a need for it, but a lot of people do. 

Anyway, this enhancement proposal by @wakabayashi is not about implementing multiple feature values (that's already in the core), it's simply pushing its usability to new level. I can see a lot of use cases for what he proposes. 

And it's awesome that there are few community members that contribute to the codebase. 

11 hours ago, led24ee said:

At least can You make this thing so that layered navigation module can use slider with these values ? At the moment there is slider possible only with price. None of other things, even when data is present with numbers only.

Please file enhancement request for blocklayer module: https://github.com/thirtybees/blocklayered/issues

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, led24ee said:

It is like nut with M2 or M3 thread and in reality You need to ask every time with what thread this thing really is.

What does that mean? I don't understand it. Maybe the M2/M3 thing is the thing that my PR does actually solve 😅

14 hours ago, led24ee said:

No sorry, I won't do that. I doesn't have a lot to do with my PR and I don't even use the layered navigation module from tb. I have my own one...

The PR is now in, but it will surely take some time and some changes to be good enough for the CORE: https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/pull/1455

Github says 1412 lines are changed, which can give you an impression, how much time and energy I invested into it. Btw we are using it since a few weeks on our live site and it works fine 😏

• 1 month later...

@wakabayashi

This might be a funny request, but will you be able to create the option to add images to the feature.?

Right now we use features to lot of things. 

• Languages for games
  • PEGI rating
  • Genre 

This is just a few of them, but commen for all this, is that they are better shown as a image. So will you be able to create a option to upload a image/icon to each feature? 

So that we can show a image in the frontend. 

I know it might not be the goal of this module/function here, but it's a awesome function i have been missing for longtime. We have hacked us to something, but its not always optimal, as we need to upload a new image to the ftp, each time we add a new feature, and that's not always happening. 😞 

1 hour ago, Cassim said:

@wakabayashi

This might be a funny request, but will you be able to create the option to add images to the feature.?

Right now we use features to lot of things. 

• Languages for games
  • PEGI rating
  • Genre 

This is just a few of them, but commen for all this, is that they are better shown as a image. So will you be able to create a option to upload a image/icon to each feature? 

So that we can show a image in the frontend. 

I know it might not be the goal of this module/function here, but it's a awesome function i have been missing for longtime. We have hacked us to something, but its not always optimal, as we need to upload a new image to the ftp, each time we add a new feature, and that's not always happening. 😞 

I can understand this need. 😏 I need it myself somehow. It's on my "planned" list. But I won't integrate it soon. I first want to see the "basic" version be integrated. When this happened and works fine, I will improve it further 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:24 PM, zen said:

Nice, as you can customise many things it might a must for many shops !!

Since many years I used this module https://www.silbersaiten.de/en/prestashop-modules/133-multiple-features-module.html

Is is possible to switch to your code one day from this one ?

I don't know. I haven't used this module before. But IMO my code is 100% compatible with TB core. I guess only you can tell, if the new core can replace this module. I would be a little surprised, if you still need it as the new core will be quite powerful with features...

• Like 1