thirty bees forum

ThirtyBees 1.4... any updated on when it will become available? Will it be PHP8 supported?

Hello people, I am currently working on my ThirtyBees shop that will be replacing my current Prestashop 1.6.1.24 store.

Regarding ThirtyBees 1.4... any estimate on when it will become available?  Will it be PHP8 supported?

Cheers

Dan

13 hours ago, netamismb said:

PHP8 is already supported, as far as I can tell. I run version 1.2 in production using 8.0. I just upgraded last week to version 1.3.

No, it's not supported. The highest supported php version is 7.4.

Support for php8 should be in upcoming version 1.4.0. Note that support for php5.6 will be dropped 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, datakick said:

Support for php8 should be in upcoming version 1.4.0. Note that support for php5.6 will be dropped 

And what about updates, because if PHP 5.6 is no longer supported by version 1.4 but it is still current on previous versions?

PrestaShop is in the process of removing PHP 5.6 from its update module, which means that it will not be possible to use it to update from older versions of PrestaShop.

I don't know if I'm being specific enough in my question, but this point seems important to clarify.

@Mediacom87 I'm not sure what are you asking about.

Let me just summarize how installation/update will work, hopefully it will answer your questions

You will have to use coreupdater module to update to 1.4.0. If you are running your store on php 5.6, core updater will not offer you 1.4.0 target, because it will not be compatible with your system. You will be able to update to 1.3.0, though. Depending on version of your thirty bees, you will either

1. switch to php 7.x and then update to 1.4.0 -- if you are on relatively new version of thirty bees that supports php7
  2. update to 1.3.0, then switch to php 7.x, and then finally update to 1.4.0 -- if you are running old thirty bees version, such as 1.0.7

Once you are on 1.4.0, you can switch to php8.0. Note that php8.1 will not be supported yet. I have tested it, and there are other breaking changes, unfortunately.

I am also working on standalone version of core updater -- a standalone web application that would not require underlying thirty bees in order to work. This version would run on php8 out of the box. You would be able to unzip it into subfolder inside your thirty bees installation, then switch php to 8, and directly update (or migrate from ps16) to 1.4.0.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, toplakd said:

You can update to 1.4 bleeding edge with Core Updater.

Just go to Core Updater and click on Settings in upper right corner.

Then in "Distribution channel" select option "Bleeding edge".

Yes, i know the bleeding edge is live, but what about the "stable" version.?