thirty bees forum

ThirtyBees 1.5 OFFICIAL is here!

As we're talking in another thread just now - remove image magic module, check if it left it's override in the override folder, remove it, clear your caches and redo all your images again as it's clashing with the webp implementation currently in core and it will not work properly.

Glad that you managed to update and now your shop is working again! Monitor for errors and share with us so hopefully the community could help and make your life easier!

In general the current thumbnail regeneration process should never timeout but it's speed depends on many factors - number of images, their size, server overhead, etc. Image magic override does not help too.

with the module imagick installed.. no image were showing anymore.. even categories images 😞

I did remove it, check if override was removed too.. and clear the cache.

Now I go back to same state.. it takes ages to regenerate products images.. i said 4mn.. it's maybe 3 or 5.. sometimes.. how can I check what is causing so much delay ?

It's a powerfull dedicated server with only this website on it for now... so performance should be top notch:

• Intel® Core i5 13500 (14C/20T) @3,5 GHz
  • RAM64 Go DDR4
  • 2 x 500 Go SSD NVMe Gen4
  • 1 Gbp/s

with a "top" command line, we can see the process php8.1-fpm using 100% of CPU and 0.3% RAM.. it takes ages to generate theses images.. maybe the php configuration is not good ?

Edited by zen

• 3 months later...

OK, finally i am on 1.5.1 since a few minutes, everything seems to be ok.

@the.rampage.rado has given some information in the first post about Cache.  I remember years ago the  caching was always a point and problem:

.....- if you use memcache, apcu, redis - use the new Server Side Cache setting = SUPER fast shop without full page caching!!!....

Maybe anyone can give some useful information for the correct and fastet settings, please? 

Try this in the first section:

image.png.4bcdfe95724622b5f60ca6226f1ead30.png
(never recompile is marginally faster but you have to clear the cache many more times)

and this for the latter:
image.png.c10530f1e330c68f4a0e7cf67fe0ee30.png
(of course you should have Redis installed and enabled, alternatively you can try APCu (same story))

• Like 1

OK thanks so much!  I will try with APCu first and then see...   maybe we get some details from @datakick for this.

btw. i remember that the 'Apache optimization' in point CCC  was activated a few tb-versions ago  (and also in the PS shops),  now it is inactive. Does this have any effect  with tb 1.5.x  or not? 

15 hours ago, DRMasterChief said:

OK thanks so much!  I will try with APCu first and then see...   maybe we get some details from @datakick for this.

APCu is most likely the most performant option, because it caches data directly inside php server shared in-memory object cache.

There is no overhead to connect to cache server like in the case of memcache or redis.

However, there are some things to consider:

• storing data directly inside php server can be somewhat risky. PHP server process can get pretty big over time. And when your server is low on memory, operation system may choose and kill your php server because it hogs all the memory. This is just hypothetical   
  • cache is not distributed. If you need multiple store fronts (== multiple php servers behind nginx proxy for load balancing) than this cache will actually cause a lot of headaches. For multiple php servers, use redis or memcache

• Like 3