thirty bees forum

ThirtyBees 1.5 OFFICIAL is here!

Sorry I take over a bit of the post of @the.rampage.rado 😉

Today, we are thrilled to introduce the latest version of Thirty Bees: Version 1.5.
This new release brings with it a lot of changes, including numerous core modifications and security fixes that are detailed in the list below.

In addition, we are excited to announce the launch of our new Premium Module Offer!
Instead of selling these modules at a high one-time price, we have opted to make them affordable for everyone! With only a small monthly fee, which is based on installation, not users. This will help support Thirty bees in maintaining the modules over time with the latest techniques and enhancing them based on your requests. Helping us to improve Thirty bees and make it grow!

With the release of this version, we have also revised our Backer Plans, now referred to as Member Plans. Some of these plans include direct (paid) support from the team. This support time can be used to help explain how to use the system, custom development, or general support. 

Become a Member Now and Take Advantage of the Full Ecosystem!

1696921331.jpg

In the weeks ahead, we will release more modules designed to save you time and boost your revenue. We invite you to explore the new Member plans today, to save you time and make your store more productive! 
The modules can be found in your installation on the module page.

1696920084.JPG

And don’t forget, Thirty bees is an Open Source platform, maintained and kept alive by Merchants and enthusiastic developers. Any one time donation you make will be much appreciated and will 100% be used for the development and improvement of Thirty bees. Please buy us a beer or Become a Member and help Thirty bees to grow and trive!

Happy selling!

Petr, Theo & Chiel

https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/releases/tag/1.5.0

Changelog:

• Premium modules
  • Extracted minification from core, introduced new module instead
  • Extracted email sending functionality from core, introduced Mail Transport modules
  • use Server Side Cache [redis/memcache] for smarty caching
  • Attributes / Features list - drilldowns to products
  • Support combinations for virtual products
  • New carrier conditions - min order weight, min order value, max order value
  • Cookies optimization - smaller, faster
  • CSV import - support custom import entities
  • Contact form: option to disable confirmation email
  • Revamped File Manager - image handling, update library, security fixes
  • Revamped modules zip files handling - unification, fixed problem with deleting assets
  • Currency - ability to specify decimal places
  • Cart rules: ability to set maximum discount value
  • Support for custom notifications in toolbar
  • System Notifications
  • Webservice: Order Detail Pack informations
  • Webserivce: expose Order Cart Rules
  • Experimental features - stringify fetches
  • Support tinymce editor customization
  • Public names for features

Bugs and Maintenance

• A lot of bug fixes in core and native modules
  • Fixed lot of PHP 8.2 compatibility warnings
  • Fixed redis/memcache/acpu cache
  • Security fixes
  • Removed support for PHP 7.3 and older
  • Removed unused code (push notifications, configuration tests, rijndael)
  • Fixed dashboard and stats reporting
  • fixed ecotax calculation
  • Fixes BO order edit - support free product, weight calc, restock...
  • Fixed installation packs data - tax rates, zones,...
  • Decreased dependency on third party library (google maps,...)

Database schema changes

tb_system_notification - new table
tb_carrier.min_total
tb_carrier.min_total_tax
tb_carrier.max_total
tb_carrier.max_total_tax
tb_carrier.min_weight
tb_cart_product.date_upd
tb_cart_rule.reduction_max
tb_cart_rule.reduction_max_tax
tb_cart_rule.reduction_max_currency
tb_contact.active
tb_contact.send_confirm
tb_currency.decimal_places
tb_employee.last_connection_date
tb_employee.signature
tb_feature_lang.public_name
tb_mail.recipient_type
tb_mail.from
tb_order_detail.product_reference - increased size
tb_order_detail.product_supplier_reference - increased size
tb_product.reference - increased size
tb_product.supplier_reference - increased size
tb_product_supplier.product_supplier_reference - increased size
tb_search_index.word - increased size
tb_stock.reference - increased size
tb_supply_order_detail.reference - increased size
tb_supply_order_detail.supplier_reference - increased size
tb_search_engine - deleted
tb_tab_module_preference - deleted

Please, keep in mind:
- module updates functionality was moved to core. After you update to 1.5 you'll have to remove tbupdater module (uninstall and delete it from your local install, it won't be needed anymore)

- code minification and email sending functionalities were extracted from core so after you update to 1.5 you will have to choose one of two email modules and install the code minification module. Email modules configuration follows the same settings as they were in core up until now and the minification settings are kept in the same place. If you don't install those small modules you will not be able to send emails and your html will not be minified.

- also please make sure that you update your DB after you update to 1.5 - as you can see there are plenty of changes there too.

- if you use memcache, apcu, redis - use the new Server Side Cache setting = SUPER fast shop without full page caching!!!

- introduction to system notifications - a place where you will be able to see future announcements regarding updates, etc.

- it is strongly recommended to update to 1.5 - lots and lots of new features, BUGFIXES and SECURITY FIXES were introduced since 1.4 and this will make your shop smoother, faster and more secure.

Regarding the premium modules, I believe that @datakick will describe them in the best possible light but they are a must of every serious merchant!

Edited by Smile
Updated with official email about version 1.5
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, led24ee said:

I don't get it. When downloading TB 1.5  then file name is this : thirtybees-v1.5.0-php7.4.zip  What 7.4  ?

Update by the core updater. (and of course - backup your DB and files manually before that!) Core Updater module will download the needed files for your current PHP version (if no settings changes are made to the module).

This file is an installation package that is compatible with php7.4 and above.

7 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Update by the core updater. (and of course - backup your DB and files manually before that!) Core Updater module will download the needed files for your current PHP version (if no settings changes are made to the module).

Looks like version 1.5 is not available in Core Updater (I have updated to the latest version) ?

image.png.abe92dee82677703ca87ec16f00f665f.png

Besides that, fantastic news! Best TB week in 3 years. First a new Panda Theme - then this 🙂

Thanks, Elund

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Hi

Does this include pricing now ,ie so you can now charge for text or a add a price to a dropdown

You can see what products use the Attributes / Features list. Can be handy to merge, clean up, ect.

What was your suggestion with price?

1 hour ago, elund said:

Looks like version 1.5 is not available in Core Updater (I have updated to the latest version) ?

image.png.abe92dee82677703ca87ec16f00f665f.png

Besides that, fantastic news! Best TB week in 3 years. First a new Panda Theme - then this 🙂

Thanks, Elund

Try Custom target and then select 1.5. For me it shows both in Stable and in Custom.

30 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Try Custom target and then select 1.5. For me it shows both in Stable and in Custom.

Strange... No matter what distribution channel I choose, version 1.5 is not available.
I also tried on 2 different domains. Am I the only one with this issue?

Updating to TB 1.5 was a bit of a mission  - got there at the end and the issues where related to some custom overrides of the Hook.php class.

Ok, so then I thought I'll sign up again to become a member but there's a few bugs to iron out. I can't connect with TB website, just comes up with 

Whoops!
We seem to have hit a snag. Please try again later...

tried multiple times. 
Then I thought, I'll download some of the new premium modules from the store. But in there, it tells me I don't have any order? I just paid and confirmed my membership but don't' see this anywhere in the marketplace. 

So despite being on a paid membership I just can't download the new modules. Hope you get this sorted soon.
My 5cents feedback: The whole process feels very cumbersome and disconnected. Would be great to see everything in just one place instead of the forum and marketplace needing 2 different logins and memberships not visible in the marketplace. If you supporters to help you, make this as easy as possible for everyone.

Cheers and thanks again for the hard work that went into the latest upddate

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smarterweb said:

Updating to TB 1.5 was a bit of a mission  - got there at the end and the issues where related to some custom overrides of the Hook.php class.

Ok, so then I thought I'll sign up again to become a member but there's a few bugs to iron out. I can't connect with TB website, just comes up with 

Whoops!

tried multiple times. 
Then I thought, I'll download some of the new premium modules from the store. But in there, it tells me I don't have any order? I just paid and confirmed my membership but don't' see this anywhere in the marketplace. 

So despite being on a paid membership I just can't download the new modules. Hope you get this sorted soon.
My 5cents feedback: The whole process feels very cumbersome and disconnected. Would be great to see everything in just one place instead of the forum and marketplace needing 2 different logins and memberships not visible in the marketplace. If you supporters to help you, make this as easy as possible for everyone.

Cheers and thanks again for the hard work that went into the latest uddate

finally managed to connect, had to completely wipe my browser cache, then click the 'update' button in the modules page and then I was able to install the premium modules.
I still hope this process can be streamlined and made easier for everyone. Hope you get heaps of new subscribers and keep the project alive.

Edited by smarterweb

5 hours ago, smarterweb said:

Whoops!

Thanks for reporting this, I'll investigate. I haven't encounter any issue myself with it, though.

5 hours ago, smarterweb said:

Yes, this is not supported yet. For this to work, we need to implement single-sign on across all our services (api, store, forum, www, accounts....) and synchronize user identity across them. That's a big project. We have it on our back log, but it's not highest priority.

Once we have single user identity, we can offer downloading premium modules from store. Until then, we just don't know if store customer is member or not. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elund said:

PHP 7.2.34. Which version is recommended?

Yes, this is the reason. 

Core updater offers only versions supported by your PHP version, and 1.5.0 is not supported on PHP7.2.

I suggest you

1. update your store to thirty bees 1.4 (if you are not on that version yet)
  2. update to PHP 7.4  
  3. check that everything works -- core should work nicely, but some modules can have issues.
  4. update your store to thirty bees 1.5
  5. install collectlogs module, and start collecting all warnings and deprecations (these will come mostly from modules)
  6. wait few days and let collectlogs do it works
  7. fix critical issues in modules (you can ask on forum which issues are critical and which not)
  8. update your php to 8.0
  9. again wait and collect (new) warnings related to PHP8.0
  10. if no critical issues exists, you can safely update to PHP8.1
  11. do the same for PHP8.2

It's a long process, but it's safe when done properly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, zen said:

There is a problem with the local changes checker

Changed files

• config/smarty.config.inc.php modified

Tried many things, also uploading original file from git or Zip archive thirtybees-v1.5.0-php7.4.zip

I don't have such problem