thirty bees forum

[solved] I can't get phpmail sending - host Hetzner

Pedalman

Question

Well, despite having read through all information I could find in this forum and Hetzner's doc system 

Setting up an email account - Hetzner Docs

I still get not phpmail module sending mails.

I cloned my live shop (V1.4 php 7.4) to a new domain and upgraded to V1.5 (php 7.4). Then I made sure that all modules are up to date, swiftmail is deinstalled and phpmail installed.

Then I set phpmail up with the credentials of the new domain ([email protected])

I resend mails from test orders but no emails were received. Thirtybees tells me that it set successfully the mail!

I then decided to use the credentials of my live shop ([email protected]) since I thought may be there is some issue with a cert or so. I also checked that in bo/shop the same mail was used.

The problem is the same. Mail purpotedly send but my email client does not receive any.

So, what can I do? I linked the information of Hetzner above if that helps. 

Thank you

Edited by Pedalman
solved

10 answers to this question

Works ! I had to choose in PHPMail protocoll TLS and port 587. Rest I did not touch. 

Eventually, I made sure that in email settings of the backoffice PHPmail was set as transport module. And for my satisfaction there I also found a test mail system 'button'. Great work and thank you all!

Hallo!

Dies ist eine Testmail von Ihrem Shop.

Wenn Sie sie lesen können, war der Test erfolgreich.
Edited by Pedalman

What is better for PHPmailer compared to swiftmailer?

I am using swiftmailer with a Hetzner server and I have no issues. But ok, I have a dedicated server so I wouldn't know what it even has to do with Hetzner. What kind of server do you have with Hetzner and does it work in outlook or whatever email client?

Swiftmailer is still deinstalled. I tried to misconfigure it via wrong password and no 'error message' is thrown. I just accepts it. If I go then again to orders and resend an older message status/order status it tells me, that mail was successfully send!

Anyhow, goint to the tab /bo/email I get the information that I do not have a mail transport set up! Sorry, but I do not know what is meant with that at the moment (btw. I test mail system of the host with webmail and it can send and receive).

Your server is NOT sending emails. Please install some email transport module and select it for use

Configuring and administering mail servers is one of the most difficult.

dedicated servers require extensive knowledge and constant testing and monitoring, the security requirements for servers on the internet are huge, it can be almost a full-time job to administer them.

there are powerful offers for VM servers, the prices are more attractive for the same computing power and take the burden off you so that you can take care of your business.

maybe that would be an idea. just my 50 cents on the side. good that it is now solved.