thirty bees forum

Panda Theme

vzex

Got an email from Jonny good support for the theme he gets back to you within a day:

I am working on create a new version of Panda theme for TB, it will get released soon, please wait for a while if you are not in a rush of fixing the visual problem of loyalty rewards module. If find any more compatibility problems, please let me know.

Best regards. Jonny

Yes, @rubben1985 it's very good! Found a lot of good info just on his envato replies. Think I went with version #4. Can't seem to get the index page the way I like looking like the rest of the pages. I want to get straight to the shopping! Hooks and all I guess. Theme offers so many options I have most turned off. Another learning curve!

I've been looking at this theme, as well as a few others, but what worries me is when I do speed tests and run the HTML5 validator on them, the results are nowhere near as good as the default community theme. These themes might look good, but you could be losing sales if they are slower and not as good for SEO. I'm leaning towards using the community theme and adapting that to suit my needs.

Thoughts?

Yes I felt the same and may eventually go back to the default them if it becomes more customizable because it will be built right for TB

I just felt I needed more customization for now from the default but I was concerned panda would be bloated with so many options but with all the cache settings turned off it seems to load just fine.

I use LTE for my internet which many people will be using to browse. I'm not getting worked up over speed tests.

Of course I don't have 30,000 items either but it's nice having all these different options to personalize.

Will work on the SEO and speed things later on. I just want to get it live.

@vzex @rubben1985 @spidawebs Jonny Li is excellent with tech support! Absolutely superb. He also has, as @vzex said, a lot of questions already answered in his envato forums. I sort the forum posts there by latest and from authors and buyers first (paraphrasing that part for now).

Dekker has discussed speed tests (and told me to stay the hell away from them. LOL!) because I was getting so tangled up, I froze and didn't work on my site for a week.

Suggested reading! @lesley wrote an in-depth blog post with comparisons and full explanations: PageSpeed is dead - https://thirtybees.com/blog/pagespeed-is-dead/

• 1 month later...

Last I heard on Aug 25, 2017 the first beta might be ready Sept 1 haven't heard anything since then.

I've finished merging all changes what TB team did to front office, if everything goes will, the first beta version will ready on next Friday. Best regards. Jonny

I don't mind the delays. It's the communication. I think a simple: "Sorry, things got busier than expected and I don't know when I'll finish updating the theme" would be good. We'd stop bugging him and we'd know to perhaps work on things ourselves or look around elsewhere.

The long reply is:

@30knees I get it, I really do,

In my opinion, Jonny is very reliable and conscientious about his work.

He has announcements on his Transformer and Panda theme pages and I wholeheartedly feel the updates are worth the wait.

Thirty bees was going to be my third and final attempt. I arrived at this decision after suffering with Magento and then PS1.6.11 holding my progress back 2-1/2 years. Very disappointing.

All that stress, frustration, disappointment and nothing to show for it was exasperating. Thirty bees members’ help and encouragement saved my new site. I can wait for updates because I have a theme that I love and am learning so much and am really motivated...the complete opposite of what was going on for 2 1/2 years.

Here are the announcements by Jonny, which you’ve probably seen, so this is for the benefit of whomever isn’t aware of this:

Transformer theme:

“The theme will soon be fully compatible with Thirty bees, the new version is based on Transformer v3.2.9.” Shown here:

https://themeforest.net/item/transformer-responsive-prestashop-theme/5095795

and Panda: “The theme will soon be fully compatible with Thirty bees, the new version is based on Panda v1.3.1.”

https://themeforest.net/item/panda-responsive-prestashop-theme/9750650?s_rank=1

Please don’t look elsewhere because he will come through for us.

I had one concerned on this topic.

Having infinite scroll on category pages is a feature I would really like to have but have been struggling to find a good solution for in the past.

I noticed that while the 1.7 compatible version of the Transformer theme includes infinite scroll, it seems as the 1.6 and TB compatible 3.x version does not.

I am concerned that the 1.6 compatible version of these themes since branched out from an older release will be less feature rich than the 4.x series targeting Prestashop 1.7.

wdyt?

Actually I don't think that a version for thirtybees will come anytime soon. The seller seems to encourage buyers to use PS17 since PS16 will be phased out next year. My guess is that he will wait to see if there will be a greater demand for thirtybees to determine if it will be worth the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Received email from theme forest!

We'd like to let you know that an update to your item Panda - Responsive Prestashop Theme by tantan199 is now available in your Downloads page.

But it's for 1.7 :(

Maybe we are next!

Looks like Jonny has his own support forum now:

http://www.sunnytoo.com/forums/forum/panda-theme

• 2 months later...

Ok, please explain me because I don't get it. When I browse the sunnytoo's site the Panda theme is announced as ps 1.6/TB theme. I was considering to buy it because there are really nice features included in it, which I was planning to buy additionally. But later I read in their forum that retina images and lazy load are in the "to do list", which is something that is definitely in the demo on their site. My question is, what are the differences between TB and PS1.6 versions of Panda theme? Because I already think that TB version has nothing in common with the demo version.