thirty bees forum

mautic instead of mailchimp

nickon

I am playing around with mautic (www.mautic.org) ATM and I must say that I am amazed. It realy takes email marketing to an other level. IMO this must be intergrated with tb. An ps module already exists but seems to be broken. More when I am actually start using it on my website

• Like 1

https://github.com/kuzmany/mautic-prestashop

I've installed it and works only partial. It correctly detect the users (by inserting a pixel), it tracks the user's activity eg what pages they visit but fails to indentify them when they submit an email or create an order

• 1 year later...

@lesley it seems to me, that this module is just a solid basement. If I don't miss something, this module is less than 1000 lines of code. I am seriously considering to use mautic for my site, because I was planning to develop an inbound marketing module. But mautic seems to be so powerful and it's open source... If I am going to use it, my module will hopefully be more powerful than kuzmanys.

But before you get too euphoric: If I release such a module. It probably won't be free.

Fork it and release it if you want. See, I try to play safe with thirty bees. There are some of the files in the repo that are licensed, there are other smaller ones that are not. If there is not a license covering the whole repo I do not let us fork / release it. Its safer for us to not get sued that way.

@wakabayashi I stopped using it about 6 months ago mainly to the gdpr. The learing curve that mautic has does not make it worth your while if you don't have a huge mailing list. To use it to monitor abandonet carts etc is overkill

@rubben1985 said in mautic instead of mailchimp:

@nickon but for inbound marketing seems really good, abandoned car is just a fraction of the ecommerce strategies. Would you have a more easy to use but also useful for ambitious projects alternative?

@rubben1985 Have you looked seriously into mautic? How would you like to use it in theory? I have just spent a few hours to understand the system a bit. It seems to me, that all product pages and category pages should be imported as assets. Same is true for your content (blog, cms & so on).

But surely there is a lot more to do with tags & lists I guess.