thirty bees forum

Recaptcha module - Confirmation Unknown message

ukclearance

Thanks to the TB team for releasing the No Captcha recaptcha module as i was suffering from the Russian spam over the last few days and hopefully it will solve the issue. It took me a couple of attempts to get the module working on my site though, had to reset the module and try again before the recaptcha example would show in the back office. It appears to be working but i still get an error message in the confirmation section shows 'unknown' and don't know what that means? 0_1519561852137_Screenshot at 2018-02-25 12-25-04.png

I can send a test message from the contact form and it arrives ok, and won't send them without ticking the 'im not a robot' box so it all appears to be working ok

No, i never changed anything. At first it was not showing the captcha at all when i installed the module, so i reset the module and put the same keys back in and the captcha box then showed up but i was still getting 'unknown' when i tried it. Did a test from the contact form and it was working with no error, and did block sending if you did not tick the box. I tried again in the back office a couple of times and always got the confirmation 'unknown' message then suddenly it showed 'captcha accepted'
The only thing i think it could be is that i use cloudflare on my server and perhaps it had cached this error message and was showing me the cached version of the page rather than the live version

I have a similar issue - the module works fine on one shop but not another shop within the same shop group in multistore.

I use the same google recaptcha credentials on both shops and they work only on one. The domains are correctly configured under recaptcha settings.

Is this module built for multistore or am I missing a setting? Thanks.

Are your multi stores on different domains or on subdomains of one domain, or sub-folders on one domain? If they are all subdomains all you have to do is setup the main domain in Google, and it will take all subdomains. So don't setup for domain1.domain.com and domain2.domain.com, just setup domain.com.

Hi, I have the two main domains in google settings. I have got some blogs etc. on subdomains of these domains where the recaptcha works fine but not in tb.

Another issue I noticed is that even though the module displays the recaptcha block on the contact page for one shop, the message goes through even without the user clicking recaptcha.

Is this a theme thing? I use the standard PS theme.

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue since upgrading to 1.0.5: Recaptcha does not work (unknown) even though the same credentials used to work fine in 1.0.4. Reset, uninstall then fresh reinstall, nothing works......

...the same here in my 1.0.5 contactform - very bad :( I was that lucky to find a Captcha that works and now these bad news..... (we use it only in contactform)

For me the test works but the contact form can be filled be not publishing the captcha. The other forms like login and admin login are working as normal.

I had tons of russian spam and had to install another module. Probably this otherwise perfect one have to be checked for bugs. I can offer my shop if you want to see the issue i describe.

Hello, Google says the following since the error appears:

Wir haben festgestellt, dass auf deiner Website reCAPTCHA-Lösungen nicht überprüft werden. Für reCAPTCHA ist jedoch eine Prüfung erforderlich. Weitere Informationen findest du auf unserer Entwicklerwebsite. https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/verify#api-request

So the problem is the API request from thirtybees !? Maybe in combination with this https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1922/have-you-changed-the-web-service-api-back-in-tb-version-1-0-4/2 ????

No nothing like this. The last change in modules was to deinstall "Google Analytics API v3.0.1" - but this does not matter for the reCaptcha. I have installed the API again and tried the reCaptcha without success.

But today, the error in BO is: Confirmation: Captcha rejected. The secret key could be wrong.

Please, make it work again :)

I have found this free module for now. I can confirm that it works in TB 1.0.5 on the contact page. I prefer the TB version because you can use it in more places, but at least to stem the flow of spam, this one works until the normal CAPTCHA can get fixed:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/719012-free-module-contact-form-anti-spam-recaptcha-and-blacklist-ps-151617/

@movieseals Thanks for the find. How did you manage to install it? I seem to get an override error even after uninstalling and deleting the default recaptcha module (which still shows in the list btw). I have cleared cache too.

``` The following module(s) could not be installed properly:

notarobot :
    Unable to install override: The method postProcess in the class ContactController is already overridden by the module nocaptcharecaptcha version 1.0.2 at 2018-02-25 22:50:32 .

```

@chandra You need to go remove the actual file left behind by the orginal recaptcha in the override folder - uninstalling the module apparently does not remove it. Everything should work after that. Just install the new module.

The file is located in /overrides/controllers/front/ and it is called ContactController.

I have to go and say it: I HATE OVERRIDES. The gestion of it is way too complex.

I think that the TB modules have permissions that prevent us from deleting them, accidentally or otherwise. But it is not necessary to wipe it out of existence, just delete the override file.