thirty bees forum

How can I let customers check out without paying anything? (without the items displaying for being free)

Steve

So the company I currently work for fixes cars for others. When a car is damaged, that goes to our company (with humans doing all the work). This costs a lot of time. I'm currently building the webshop to make it more automated. We want to display the real prices, but without letting the customer pay. (The company is B2B and we'd like to still make payments through human documentation/communication) but ordering and invoices will go through the shop.

How can I achieve this?

No way I'm aware.... When checking out with COD with 1 step checkout mode you have: order summary as normal, client, click on COD, one confirmation page -> click confirm and the customer is shown new page 'congratulations for your new order blah-blah'. So only 1 click more. He's not redirected outside your shop.

For me it's the best solution in your case, quick and easy setup, no future hassle...

@the-rampage-rado

I will look into COD, looks intresting.

I could change the name from 'cash on delivery' to something different, that would be maybe work. So instead saying 'cash on delivery' the customer sees 'Pay later'. You receive all the code when buying a module right?

It's free module part of ps. Go th PS'es github page and download it from there. Then install with your TB.

You can totally change the strings of text to show whatever you want even in English, yes. It will fit your idea perfectly. I do all my invoicing and shipping lables by hand too and COD is the most popular way of paying in Bulgaria still so I have used it for nearly 6 years now.

If you need the client to complete the order without any money involved, you can also copy the bankwire module and rework the mail template + the payment method name and it's message on the order page. Did that about a year ago on a PS and it works great (I use it for state controlled offices and town hall in France which use a unique payment process).

EDIT : If I remember correctly, I must have followed this tutorial : http://rocinantesoftware.blogspot.com/2015/11/how-to-make-copy-of-prestashop-16-bank_2.html

@the-rampage-rado

Thanks for helping me and saying there's a free module! I was looking at this: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/cash-on-delivery-cod/6337-cash-on-delivery-with-fee-surcharge-plus-cod.html

I have uploaded the zip but I can't seem to find it in my back office though. Do you know why?

@the-rampage-rado

You have to install the module through the system modules page

Do you mean Back Office --> Modules and Services --> Add a new module?

Because that's what I did.

Edit: I downloaded it from here btw: https://github.com/PrestaShop/cashondelivery

Edit 2: I fixed it, when you download it from github it has '-master' in the name, that is not allowed.

When downloading modules from github, it's always recommended to download official releases.

When you click on big grean clone/download button, you are downloading source code. But that does not mean it's a valid module. Some modules require build process to be performed. Developers often do this for you and publish valid packaged in release tab.

0_1543423379641_f0728b99-7860-4f06-a55f-d5e90b1e4ad1-image.png