thirty bees forum

Cloudways Not Suporting ThirtyBees Anymore?

Weasel

Question

I started recently to test ThirtyBees on Cloudways and when I wanted to install another copy today for some tests I couldn't find the 1-click install in the list.

After investigating with online support from Cloudways I was told that the 1-click installation is not available and that ThirtyBees needs to be installed manually. The support agent needed more than 30 minutes to come up with that information and in general didn't seem very informed.

Can anyone confirm if Cloudways has dropped ThirtyBees or if this is just a temporal issue?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

Thinking about this I could imagine making a single-file installer. Just one file index.php, which one had to upload and execute by visiting the site with the browser.

Would this be helpful?

Technical background: this one file would download the distribution ZIP from Github, unpack it and then proceed as before.

• Like 3

Yeah, I have a clean install I hadn't done much with other then change some images and the site info. Have been keeping that and working with a copy of it so I don't have to install over and over again. 

It's a shame since the features they offer with making copies of apps etc is really great. Also the pricing is good.

If you can find something similar easy to manage it would be great. Most small merchants have anyways too much to do already and don't need to become SysAdmins too.

• Like 1

I just discovered the lack of TB on Cloudways. Very unfortunate change as it made setting up dev sites super easy.

I hope Cloudways themselves continue to function okay as they are a great balance between a shared host and a bare VPS.

Edited by dynambee
  • Like 1