thirty bees forum

Login as customer

datakick

Hi everyone,

I needed a way to log into my frontend as one of customers. Because I couldn't find any module that would work correctly on thirtybees, I've build my own. 

I have decided to release it as an open source / free module. So, if anyone need this functionality, you can download it on my store. 

url: https://store.getdatakick.com/en/modules/login-as-customer

github: https://github.com/getdatakick/loginas

list-s.jpg.a8f4e9a87d43228629a2709b089be901.jpgdetail-s.jpg.eca50a2c52952dbd2ce3cb930ddc4bb9.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Petr thanks for a new module! We can log in to the Customer's account at any time and place an order for it. Useful if the customer is on the way and wants to urgently order something.

Do you plan another paid modules? Editing the placed order will be very useful (modify the form of payment and shipping type/cost, change the quantity of the product, add/delete products...).

Edited by Adik

1 hour ago, Adik said:

Do you plan another paid modules? Editing the placed order will be very useful (modify the form of payment and shipping type/cost, change the quantity of the product, add/delete products...).

I would love this too. But I would prefer it to be in the core or at least open source. So in my opinion a crowdfunding project would be better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

crowdfunding project would be better.

Crowdfunding has definitely its challenges

- first of all, you need to raise quite a lot of money for this to be lucrative for developers. Say, project like this could take 3-4 weeks, with EUR40/hour rate we are talking about about 4800-6400

- then there is the matter of specification. Who will be responsible for that? You would need somebody with product manager skills to outline the development project correctly. Everyone can interpret *module to edit orders* differently

- next, you need to find a developer that can actually deliver quality product *according to specification*. Nobody wants to pay for piece of garbage

- then we have maintenance. There is no real incentive for the original developer to keep the product in shape, and release updates regularly. And it's needed - look at elasticsearch module, that one definitely needs some love but there is nobody to work on in now.

Paid modules, on the other hands, solves all these problems.

I really like the module, especially the possibility to log in from the customer page list.

I used to work with this module:

https://codecanyon.net/item/super-user/18391384?s_rank=1

One of its features I miss is the opportunity to login straight into the last cart or into the cart.  I know it is a free module, but this additional options are cool when we need to fix an order for a customer quickly.

But this module works very well in TB.

Edited by movieseals

40 minutes ago, movieseals said:

One of its features I miss is the opportunity to login straight into the last cart or into the cart.

This module should allow you to log in into the *last* cart. It goes through the same routine as manual log in, so the pending cart is recovered.

I'm not sure what is the benefit of logging into old cart? Do you have some use case? Anyway, such functionality could be easily added, so I have created a enhancement request for that. Maybe someday I'll have time to implement it 🙂

• 1 month later...