thirty bees forum

Translations not saving

x97wehner

Question

If I try and make a translation change of any sort, it doesn't work. Sometimes it shows in the translation mod UI, and sometimes not. I haven't found a pattern there. The only constant is that after clearing cache and reloading the affected web site pages, the translations are not taking. I check the translation file on the backend and it doesn't have my modifications included either.

Anyone else having the same behavior?

On 5/26/2020 at 8:57 PM, toplakd said:

This is not correct solution for the problem, but removing the one at least don't empty other fields once saving.

For correct solution someone like @datakick or @Traumflug should take a look to see what can be done.

Hi @toplakd. I'm trying your partial solution, but I don't get what should I delete/comment, as @gatasi asked. Which line of the three?

I'm tired of re translating strings every time I have to change something. It should be taken into account, It's always necessary to change some strings in order to adapt the platform. After working like two months I have 264 untranslated strings in spanish, I re entered by hand from a new TB instalations but... they keep cleaning when I change something.

It just erased like 30 strings, after changing one string... It's annoying and time consuming.

Thanks!

Will quote myself:

On 4/3/2020 at 7:08 PM, toplakd said:

Removing Line 1325 in AdminTranslationsController.php solves this issue with emptying other fieldsets that start with same name like address...

$_POST['theme'] or  $_POST['lang'] or  $_POST['type']

Only thing is, that one can not save empty string if that line is removed.

Reading helps. If not working on first try, then I suggest to read the quote again. So many times until it works 😀

Edited by toplakd

3 hours ago, toplakd said:

Will quote myself:

Reading helps. If not working on first try, then I suggest to read the quote again. So many times until it works 😀

Ha! I swear I read it dozens of times!

Thank you :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AndyC said:

Am trying to add another line of text in a translation

ex
1.text
2.text
But when I enter it goes
1.text 2.text

I've tried <br> and <p> it seems to strip them away when entered.

Is there another solutions or is this a bug

It's not a but, you can't edit whatever you want. If you want changes like that you have to make tweaks to your theme/module