thirty bees forum

Blog Not working

Mark

Question

Hi, blog doesn't seem to be working on my site.

I have the following modules installed and here's the config

The blog doesn't show up on the home page (or anywhere else)

However if I manually type in <site name>/blog/<blog url rewrite> it is there, but is missing the related products etc.

Maybe one for you @wakabayashi?

However if use the url image.png.c65882c15c5c4b3edcbcc5adddb1dcb9.png

Capture.PNG

23 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Mark said:

No worries, you'll not be logging in, there's no need to.  I don't give randoms any unnecessary access when not required.
I don't often get the time to work on this site.

It's the blog that's that not functioning, that's all

Probably just a button somewhere that's escaped my attention.

like I said, I lost my crystal ball otherwise I would have helping you with my tremendous powers !

Edited by zen

2 hours ago, Mark said:

There's times when logging in is necessary, this is not one of them. It's a case of screen sharing.

hmmm, not really. When I investigate some bug, I need back office access in order to

• upload new (slightly modified) version of the module in order to receive debug information (of course, I do it in a way that only I can see that, simply by adding condition to my IP address)
  • I run series of sql queries using Advance Parameters > SQL Manager
  • after every test I have to switch from log to another (mail logs, error logs, system logs, console, network tab,...)

I can do this pretty fast when I'm hands on. I mean, I'm usually done investigating in 5-10 minutes. If I were to navigate you over skype call and tell you what to do, it would take hours.

If you want *free* help, you don't get to dictate *how* should people help you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark said:

The story @datakick is that at this stage no access to the backend is required. Given that I've done nothing to the codebase I'm presuming there's nothing wrong with the code and it's just something I haven't spotted yet.

I don't give strangers access to any data for no reason and that's a key principle I would suggest others follow.

If there's a problem with the code then it becomes a different story.

I'm not talking about Skype but I am talking about screen sharing using team viewer where zen and his infinite wisdom can show me the button I am yet to press.

Don't try to nail me for having expectations around what I will permit others to be able to do on the site, everyone has that total right.

I don't even know who zen is, never spoke with him in a conversation as if I'll let anyone into any system like that. He offered to help then never replied when I sent a pm.

That's fine, just say so man, it's not hard to say sorry I changed my mind, much better manners than ignoring.

Mark please do not insist about this, do you remember the time when you gave me an access and canceled it just before I can try to help you ? About Images to fix. You did not say sorry at all.. you were allways right and I loose so much time with this story.

I gave you my help like I always do, others accepted without conditions for free and where really happy about that, but you are too boring by giving conditions and making it difficult and frustrating to help you like this.

Usually for payed service I NEED credentials otherwise there is no way I am gonna work for any customers... even if they want to spend 5 hours on skype or screen sharing and pay for that, it will not happen, it's not efficient!

Now, I wish you good luck for your bugs to fix, sincerely, and I hope you'll understand my point.. maybe it will help you not to have the same encounter with others dev willing to help in a normal way,  remember that without trust you'll not go very far and surely alone !

Edited by zen
  • Like 2

I'm not talking about Skype but I am talking about screen sharing using team viewer where zen and his infinite wisdom can show me the button I am yet to press.

"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
"

Mark, Nov 2019

what a beautifull vision.. I understand I messed with your visions, meditations, preparations and alll that things, so sorry I tried by force to bring you IRL ,  I won't do that again !

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:25 PM, datakick said:

Full Page Cache

Ive activated FPC for all the beesblogs modules, Cleared the cache, but still no sign of the blog yet @datakick

Getting a lot of errors in console on the home page

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIContentSniffer.getMIMETypeFromContent]"  nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 277"  data: no] FaviconLoader.jsm:277:24
Promise resolved while context is inactive
include.preload.js:549
Promise resolved while context is inactive
polyfill.js:237
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIDOMWindowUtils.addSheet]"  nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm :: runSafeSyncWithoutClone :: line 75"  data: no] ExtensionCommon.jsm:75:12
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMWindowUtils.removeSheet]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm :: runSafeSyncWithoutClone :: line 75"  data: no] 2 ExtensionCommon.jsm:75:12
[Exception... "Favicon at "https://product.solutions.org.nz/img/app_icon.png" failed to load: Not Found."  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 236"  data: no] 2 FaviconLoader.jsm:236:22
[Exception... "Favicon at "https://product.solutions.org.nz/img/app_icon.png" failed to load: Not Found."  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 236"  data: no] 5 FaviconLoader.jsm:236:22
[Exception... "Favicon at "https://product.solutions.org.nz/img/app_icon.png" failed to load: Not Found."  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 236"  data: no] 3 FaviconLoader.jsm:236:22
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMWindowUtils.removeSheet]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm :: runSafeSyncWithoutClone :: line 75"  data: no] 3 ExtensionCommon.jsm:75:12
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMWindowUtils.removeSheet]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm :: runSafeSyncWithoutClone :: line 75"  data: no] 2 ExtensionCommon.jsm:75:12
[Exception... "Favicon at "https://product.solutions.org.nz/img/app_icon.png" failed to load: Not Found."  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 236"  data: no] FaviconLoader.jsm:236:22
[Exception... "Favicon at "https://forum.thirtybees.com/favicon.ico" failed to load: Not Found."  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 236"  data: no] FaviconLoader.jsm:236:22
[Exception... "Favicon at "https://product.solutions.org.nz/img/app_icon.png" failed to load: Not Found."  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 236"  data: no] FaviconLoader.jsm:236:22

I know this is an old thread  but it may help someone 

I had this exact same problem uninstall/install  uninstall / install  check hooks  check settings pulled all my hair out then it occurred to me adding some content might help and up it popped 🙂

for some reason the sample data was gone 

There's times when logging in is necessary, this is not one of them. It's a case of screen sharing. Don't get all offended and respect a few things about others, including responding and doing as you say as well as data privacy.

The story @datakick is that at this stage no access to the backend is required. Given that I've done nothing to the codebase I'm presuming there's nothing wrong with the code and it's just something I haven't spotted yet.

I don't give strangers access to any data for no reason and that's a key principle I would suggest others follow.

If there's a problem with the code then it becomes a different story.

Don't try to nail me for having expectations around what I will permit others to be able to do on the site, everyone has that total right.

I don't even know who zen is, never spoke with him in a conversation as if I'll let anyone into any system like that. He offered to help then never replied when I sent a pm.

That's fine, just say so man, it's not hard to say sorry I changed my mind, much better manners than ignoring.

No worries, you'll not be logging in, there's no need to.  I don't give randoms any unnecessary access when not required.
I don't often get the time to work on this site.

It's the blog that's that not functioning, that's all

Probably just a button somewhere that's escaped my attention.

Im not repeating myself, the problem does not yet require under the hood attention, and so its access is not being given.

In terms of honour, do what you say you are going to do, or apologise you can no longer do it.

Its not about who is being paid and who is not, its about trust and doing what you say.