thirty bees forum

Elasticsearch

wakabayashi

I know this topic has already popped up multiple times. Still I believe it's very sad, that we have launched a crowdfunding project, which is almost not used. 

• Who is using it on a live or teststore?
  • Who wants to use it, but couldn't make it work?

I followed the instructions on https://docs.thirtybees.com/native-modules/elastic-search/, but they are just too unclear to me. If I could make this work for myself, I would improve the docs and probably also the module.

• Like 2

The module does not really work on php7, unfortunately. That's because of some regular expression incompatibilities. I've managed to fix it locally, and will release it soon. But even with this fix there are other bugs, for example js code that generates elastic query can generate invalid expression... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, datakick said:

The module does not really work on php7, unfortunately. That's because of some regular expression incompatibilities. I've managed to fix it locally, and will release it soon. But even with this fix there are other bugs, for example js code that generates elastic query can generate invalid expression... 

Thanks for confirmation. I managed to index some products, but the search doesn't really work, to query errors. @kubilay will also look at it. But at the moment I am a bit sceptical, as the search is not near to be working for me.

I could not make it work - I tried for weeks.  I eventually found a module called elastic search connector on Prestashop and with a bit of help from the dev managed to get it working under php 7.3 with the latest version (7) of elastic search but part of the module does not work, mostly the logging, but the search part works wonderfully.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Elasticsearch module received some love lately. A lot of bugs were fixed. Module should now work on php7 version without issues, and ES versions 5.x, 6.x, 7.x should be supported.

Before we release the module officially, I would like to ask community member to test it. You can download pre-release version here

elasticsearch-v1.1.0-pre.zip

For testing purposes you can start up elastic search in docker using command like this:

docker run --rm -p 9200:9200 -p 9300:9300 -e "discovery.type=single-node" elasticsearch:7.11.2

Many thanks to @zen for his contribution. Most of this release is based on his work.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Up to which Elasticsearch version would be suitable to use with this module in 2021 ?

I'm currently trying to test this module with Thirtybees Bleeding Edge 1.3/Niara Theme and Nginx/PHP 7.3/Debian 10/Elasticsearch 7.12.0 

and it appears to be promising

a few comments

- i don't see a way to do a full reindex automatically (no url for CRON)

- at the end of all result pages, i always have a "No results :(" line whereas it's not the case at all

image.thumb.png.6e169659b7ec4e17bba18a1364e0b27c.png

Search facets appear (on left column) when you do a search from product page or category page but NOT from home/index page (because left column is disabled from theme page configuration)

i wish it would be possible to "dock" search facets on the left à la doofinder.com (image.thumb.png.5c0d6939441685ff50e05e3f91ea0023.png

Edited by popolon