thirty bees forum

Custemers login don't work anymore ? :-(

Alex Hansen

I have just updated to version 1.2.0 and I don't know if  this is the reason, but suddenly Custemers login don't work anymore.
Even with new password it will not accept any login at all, not even my own testuser (has always be worked).

When entering wrong password I get the message: Invalid password.

When entering right password I get the meesage: Approval failed.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

The site: www.sportspower.dk

Edited by Alex Hansen

As Datakick and Kashir said:
Go to "Advanced Parameters / Performance" and set as on picture:

1079711135_Screenshot_2021-04-03Performance.png.78549820da4c92a2b98b27d0247b6bb7.png

I'm always using Bleeding edge ever since this option was introduced in Core Updater and don't have any issues.
I mostly update within couple of hours after I notice there was update on github.

Currently running "Bleeding Edge - Main"

Edited by toplakd

2 hours ago, toplakd said:

As Datakick and Kashir said:
Go to "Advanced Parameters / Performance" and set as on picture:

1079711135_Screenshot_2021-04-03Performance.png.78549820da4c92a2b98b27d0247b6bb7.png

I'm always using Bleeding edge ever since this option was introduced in Core Updater and don't have any issues.
I mostly update within couple of hours after I notice there was update on github.

Currently running "Bleeding Edge - Main"

Well ... Thank you for your suggestions, but it didn't help me.
Still can't login as a customer.
I think I will contact Datakick for paid support, as I can't solve this my own.

I'm not sure if is the update itself who has made the error, just saying that I (and my custemers) have these problem after the update.

I don't think its the update who has created the problem, because I just tried to go back to old versions without any luck.
Now I have update to 1.3.0-main and still have the same problem.
Maybe something has been overwrittten like an htaccess (can see in FTP that this is updated)?

Ok. So to debug this, please follow instructions:

• Download your shop onto hardDrive (direcotries: modules, classes, controllers, overrides mainly). Do not download pictures.
  • Perform a test search for message "Approval failed" and locate which file is emitting this error.
  • Come back, and report.

Just a guess, but this may be some 3rd party module or modification integrated as override etc. Maybe some kind of CAPTCHA?
Some modules can modify core controllers and classes by preg replaces.

2 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I had a look at it. I created an account; logged out and tried to login again. I couldn't login again but I always got the same error - no matter whether the password was right or not.

My gut feeling is that it could have something to do with groups.

Thanks for trying, but I experience the same thing 😞

If ALL you did was update to 1.2.0 and THEN it stopped working....If thats all that you did, and it worked before... I would have simply restored my files via the core updaters backup files.  If you look in your admin folder there are backups from when you used the updater, like CoreUpdaterBackup-(date).  I would have just copied those files over your present setup.  As you have used the core updater since the update to 1.2.0,  it makes it a little more complicated probably.  Have you tried to delete cache files, both theme and system, manually?

On 4/4/2021 at 9:26 PM, SLiCK_303 said:

If ALL you did was update to 1.2.0 and THEN it stopped working....If thats all that you did, and it worked before... I would have simply restored my files via the core updaters backup files.  If you look in your admin folder there are backups from when you used the updater, like CoreUpdaterBackup-(date).  I would have just copied those files over your present setup.  As you have used the core updater since the update to 1.2.0,  it makes it a little more complicated probably.  Have you tried to delete cache files, both theme and system, manually?

As mentioned earlier, I am absolutely NOT sure that it is the update itself that is the reason why my customer login no longer works.
It's just after the update that I have been made aware that it no longer works.
I have a test account, which I myself have used by March 4 without any problems, so at that time it worked without any problems.
I do not remember making any other changes since then, which is why I initially thought it was the update that was causing the problem.
Now I suspect more closely the theme I use (IQIT warehouse). Maybe even a combination of the update and the theme.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem for 2 days now.
Now it occurred to me that it wasn't the first time.
i mainly use firefox.

simply deleting the cache in the shop and in the browser is not enough.

firefox -> settings -> cookies and website data -> manage data -> select website and then remove it, after that it worked for me that I was able to log in with my test account / customer account.

now it works for me again with logging in as a customer.

chrome browser, no problem on my store. -> i think firefox!!!!

Edited by colorful-ant