thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

This is personally the way I have mine setup, thankfully you can change the tpl files for your theme. It's closer to the way Product Comments was setup. 0_1518375256098_Capture.PNG or if you cant post a review, because anon. users can't post... 0_1518376236365_Capture.PNG or...if you cant post, and theres no reviews.. 0_1518376396548_Capture.PNG or..you can post, and theres no reviews... 0_1518376572985_Capture.PNG

@datakick Could you please do a new release? I am trying to get your latest source working, and it just isn't. I can't get the new options in the BO to show up, and the changes don't show in the FO either. I've cleared the site cache, and my browsers, nothing helps. I've tried removing my /themes/mytheme/modules/revws folder too, and just rolling with your stock config, still no joy. I'm hoping an install of the official release will make it work. I assume the two javascript files have changed, and I don't have the new ones, and that's the problem...

Thanx for the new build! Works like a charm so far.

edit: Ok, so, if you do a review as a guest, then it gets approved, then you look at the item you reviewed again, you can edit your review. However once you sign in, then sign out, so you're now a visitor again, and look at that product you reviewed again, you have lost the ability to edit your review. You also now have the ability to write another review.

Hello Petr, I have install and configure your module, but I come to the follow things. I have servoral times to click again to approve the written review in FO. On the review in FO, there don't come up some options to give some information on the review, after placed and approved the review. When I tried to delete some reviews in BO, I have to click serval times to change some settings and it's not possible to delete them even. Thanks for the module. Roger

2_1518700262453_Review not appear on the FO.png1_1518700262453_Not appear on FO Reviews.png0_1518700262450_No option to delete the review.png

@generaal said in [Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

On the review in FO, there don't come up some options to give some information on the review, after placed and approved the review.

Options to vote/report abuse are available only for other visitors, not for review author. Review author see edit/delete review buttons instead.

When I tried to delete some reviews in BO, I have to click serval times to change some settings and it's not possible to delete them even.

I don't understand what exactly the problem is. Do you mean that the app does nothing when you click on delete button, of on review itself? If so, what browser do you use?

Also, it's not possible to permanently delete review, you can only mark it as deleted. I'll add an option to permanently delete them in the future, or even better filter them out of the list. I'm not a big fan of permanent deletion

Hello Petr, I use Safari as browser, empty the cash, BO and FO. Thanks to explain the option to see some lines in the reviews. The delete option, are no great issue to me, I understood your point of view. The only thing I come back are that when I write a review and click to accept the review, the popup give a negative state. When I reload the page again (browser), the written review come up, strange. I think it have something to do with Zend cache on the server.

1_1518702066444_Save written review.png0_1518702066443_Pop up window after click on send review.png

@wakabayashi awesome. I assume one of the hooks you've mentioned will be there to discover all available rewardable actions in the system, and the second hook to inform your module that the action actually happened? Or do you have some other mechanism in mind?

This are the hooks:

• hookActionRegisterKronaAction
  • hookActionExecuteKronaAction

Every external Module is registering the actions they want. You could register for example:

$post_review = array( 'module_name' => 'revw', 'action_name' => 'post_review', ); Hook::exec('ActionRegisterKronaAction', $post_review);

Now the merchant makes the settings in my module: Defining how many points this action will get. If it can be executed limited times or only once or only 5 times a month.

If an user posts a review you call the hookActionExecuteKronaAction:

``` $hook = array( 'modulename' => 'revw', 'actionname' => 'postreview', 'idcustomer' => $this->context->customer->id, 'actionmessage' => '', 'actionurl' => '' );

Hook::exec('ActionExecuteKronaAction', $hook);

```
You only have to deliver 'modulename', 'actionname' and 'idcustomer'. The others are optional, to give an even better user experience. In 'actionurl' you could give the url to the review for example.

Is the concept clear to you? I am not super experienced developer, since I am actually more a merchant... But I am getting better from day to day. I hope the concept makes sense to you!?

@wakabayashi that's good, but I would recommend to refactor the first hook. When should other modules register actions? During their installation? That introduce dependency on module installation order... If user first install revws, and then your krona, they wouldn't be linked.

I suggest you reverse it. Instead of registering, use dynamic discovery. So, when user opens config page of your module, your module will trigger hook actionDiscoverKronaAction. Every module in the system that's krona-enabled will be reply with their actions. The code will look like this:

$modules = Hook::exec('actionDiscoverKronaAction', [], null, true, false); if ($modules) { foreach ($modules as $key=>$def) { // $def contains actions defined by module with key $key } }

I'm actually doing something very similar in my new module mailstream, that will be used for email automation. I'm using this technique to discover review modules in the system.

@datakick oh thanks for the input. You are right, my system is not perfect designed ;) Your way seems to be very clever. I will try to implement it that way! Do you have idea when your email module will be released?

@MockoB I will open another thread next days about my module. What do you mean with award? Basically customer collects points by actions (accountcreation, order, newsletterregistration or many others). Then merchant can define if a customer reaches 1000 points, he will get a coupon. Also non coupon awards are planned. So the merchants can define levels like "Super Ninja" if a customer reaches 5000 points.