thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

@datakick Thank you for your answer. And I hope you do not misunderstand it. With my request I wanted to contribute to the optimization of the general public.

I may not be up to date right now, but my online tools should be. So when I look at the results after testing I wanted to ask if it is possible to change this in the module in general.

I had hoped that, for example, there is a possibility in the specifications or by the settings in the module to integrate it directly by css or adapt. For example - if star size 10 then css class revwspaddi10 - if star size 12 then css class revwspaddi12 etc

I'm glad it's on your ToDo list.

Despite the meanwhile high speed of the internet, the data size of the web pages is included in the calculation. Google, for example, the less amount of data a page the better -> more and more on the mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets. It's getting harder and harder to keep up with online shops than with a blog website. In terms of page load times etc, this has a total impact. This really great module is not the only thing that appears when looking for a page through customers and search engines. I am not an SEO expert and not a big programmer. Nevertheless, I add another argument: more program code (including inline style) the more I have to add as text on the page. The relationship between code and content is still up to date. This further increases the size of the page (eg in kb), which in turn means that it is rated negative.

for example on firefox - with one of my shops without style changes for every star -> inline style => 5 stars -> 5 inline styles -> 40 products with rating 200 inline styles only for the size/star - and plus stroke style 0_1521153852884_revws.jpg

I've just released a new version 1.0.6 - this one get rid of inline styles we have discussed with @zimmer-media.

This version introduces breaking change - if you copied front.css file to /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/revws.css and modified it, it will no longer be used.

To make changes to CSS, please create file /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl and enter your css changes here. Content of this file will be appended after content of file /modules/revws/views/templates/front/css.tpl. CSS priority rules will make sure definitions in css-extend.tpl file will have priority over default values from css.tpl file.

You might have notices that the css file(s) has .tpl extension - that's right, this is normal smarty template, we just generate css instead of html markup. Generated css file is stored in you theme cache directory.

Example of how to extend CSS styles - create file css-extend.tpl with following content to have your stars in red color .revws-grade-on path { fill: red; stroke: red; }

@SLiCK_303 I may have found the problem with smarty cache. Could you please try it on your end to verify it's working - simply change line ~326 in revws.php from

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'product_list.tpl');

to

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'product_list.tpl', $this->getCacheId() . '|' . $productId);

Then clear cache. Let me know if that helped

I vote for screen shots of user having fun to show us their way of implementing it. May be someone creates a style that differs totally of what we are used too.

The module is working now and I like it very very much. Such a good time this year! So many superb modules at our hands now by so generous and capable developers that I am happy to forget all the troubles I had with Prestashop over years.

Thank you very much Petr

PS: I am happily willing to learn as fast as possible to make use of your main module Datakick now. I am sure it is going to be of great help to me to hone my shop user EX and SEO wise.