thirty bees forum

New Crowdfunding Campaign

We have decided to launch a new crowdfunding campaign to help us create a working future proof updater fro thirty bees. You can read more about the campaign here, https://thirtybees.com/blog/crowdfunding-a-new-updater/ (You can also listen to it as well, we are testing out a pod cast feed).

@lesley Can you make it possible to pay with Ideal or Paypall to contribute to the new updater. I like to contribute but dont have a debit or creditcard. One other thing for the future, all the invoices are with US taxes (Patreon) FA, all shop owners outside the US cant do anything with these invoices with US tax.

Does patreon actually charge taxes on your donations? I actually donate to both the patreon and the indiegogos personally and they do not for the US users.

For the indiegogo, we are not allowed to advertise alternate payment methods on there, or they will remove our campaign. You can donate to our paypal account. If you are at a reward amount I can just manually give you the reward. Our paypal is under contact@thirtybees.com

Also, they do not let us manually add people or adjust the donations, so keep that in mind as well, bu your support will be much appreciated.

I don't know all the rules on vat, but if you don't think you need to be charged it, you can go here, https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205259549-How-Does-VAT-Work-on-Patreon-#%E2%80%9CShouldnot%E2%80%9D

Because perk is considered sale of digital service, every EU-based patreon will be charged VAT according to his country. That shouldn't be a problem for businesses, as most merchants are VAT payer, so they can deduct this charge back. This only negatively impacts patreons without VAT number.

Patreon collect al the taxes and pay it to the local tax authorities, so we can deduct this charge back from the local tax authorities. On the invoice you can see an EU Vat Number EU826426378, an invoices wit the local currency would be nice.

Member State NL
VAT Number NL EU826426378 Date when request received 2018/05/11 00:20:07

More information on: How-Does-VAT-Work-on-Patreon

• 2 weeks later...