thirty bees forum

Free Module Category Footer Description [genzo_category]

wakabayashi

Hello Guys

I am developing a little module for category pages. It will allow you to add a second description to a category page. Why is it helpful? That way you can use the core description as a little teaser at the top. My module will add a second description at the footer. This is extremly helpful if you are interested in SEO. Such en html edit tab will be added to every category in the BO.

0_1541027053474_category-footer.JPG

The module is multilang and multistore ready!

@haylau Has created a blog post and a video about the module. It explains everything perfect. Please check out: https://blog.haylau-4-thirtybees.co.uk/genzo-category-free-module/.

Edited by wakabayashi
Available for non patreons as well
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn, I am a patreon but bought already such a module 6 months ago :)

But good news is, I have not installed it on live version due to missing time. So I'd like to give yours a shot. PS: I bought that one cause I was not able to code what I intended to do. I wanted to implement the option to break given category description into two parts. In wanted to clone original one and then I wanted to make use of a second table for as many chars the user likes. The shorter version should then be hooked into left column since I heard that Google likes text near the viewports top. Especially for optimisation of mobile pages where left column seems to appear before the standard category description, right?

PS: wakabayashi, which PayPal module are you running? I wrote an issue today in the PayPal section here and need a solution urgently.

We had an option with Panda theme using the Advanced Custom Content, wich I activated just in footer category position. But I sounds great! 

I'm patreon too and I'd like to motivate people to become, so if you are ok and can send it to me too, I'll make a video showing it on a demo site and publish on Youtube 😉

At least I know that in Warehouse you only have the option of either top or bottom. Here, Waka, adds a module that allows both !

Advantage? Better UX and SEO perhaps. You start with small cat descrpt. at top and continue at bottom without "JS more..." button. That it I think it is about.

• 9 months later...

Hi

I have finally gotten down to actually installing the module to start using it ..Can I ask. Is there a way to remove the image block so the text appears higher up as it looks like dead space at the moment.. It's on the main categories I am doing right now 

TIA

Capture.JPG

Edited by AndyC