thirty bees forum

Orders not showing up after it's placed

CoffeeGuy

Someone placed an order. I got the Paypal notification, AND payment, BUT - there was no order to be shown in the back end. At all. It's like it wasn't ordered. If I didn't get notification from Paypal, there would be an open order sitting there with no signs of it. 

Another person placed an order, it came through just fine. Payment, and in the back end.

Another person placed one today, and same thing! No back-end notification but Paypal did come through.

Seems like it only happens once in a while. 😞 

Another thing about the payment via Paypal. Every single time an order comes through, I get Paypal notification - BUT - it only shows the amount they paid. No breakdown. I have to check the back-end store. So if that doesn't come through, then I have to call the customer to find out what they ordered which is very embarrassing.

This is gunna happen again, just know it... please, I'm desperate to get this fixed asap before it happens again.

Oh! SHOPPING CARTS! Not cards. lol. OK, I found it, and sure enough, there's the order! 🙂 I created the order from the non-order.

Thanks! I can check there from time to time. As far as upgrading, I'm so afraid to do so. I don't know much about this at all and don't want to screw things up. Can you offer assistance as the easiest way to do so?

• Like 1

You're right carts, my bad. Upgrading is quite easy, use the core updater to upgrade or downgrade to any version you want. Important! always make a backup of files and database first. A lot about upgrading is written on this forum. Success!

Are you using the TB paypal module, or the PS module? The issue in the  PS module i think is to do with differences in rounding. Whatever your store does with rounding PayPal uses it's own rounding. Any discrepeancy causes the error 

Have a look in Advanced Parameters > Logs 

There will probably be level 3 errors when the cart is not converted to an order. Set the log by email level to 2, and at least you will get an email when it happens

We have upgraded to the TB module and have not had the issue since (fingers crossed)

I'm on tb 1.1.0, with tb's Paypal module v5.4.2.  It happens so infrequently, i'm not sure how it could even be troubleshot....  Come to think of it, I probably shouldnt have even brought it up again, as I dont recall if this is still happening since the 1.1.0 upgrade.  Would be nice to have the product breakout again on Paypal invoices again tho.  Sometimes less info makes things better.......sometimes....not.  But thats for another topic...

Edited by SLiCK_303

21 hours ago, CoffeeGuy said:

Thanks! I can check there from time to time. As far as upgrading, I'm so afraid to do so. I don't know much about this at all and don't want to screw things up.

The nice thing about the newer updater is, one can reverse updates. If the newer version doesn't work out, just do this, "update" from 1.1.0 back to 1.0.4.

4 hours ago, CoffeeGuy said:

So, Slick, you're fully updated and it still happens from time to time? Hm... that's not good. 😞

Note that it's not necessarily tb fault. Since it is intermittent issue with no repro-steps, the root case can be somewhere else. For example misconfiguration of server. Say, during peak hours HTTP requests can be dropped by apache/nginx, php server might not be able to create connection to database, etc... these would result in http requests returning 500 error code (and thus ignoring paypal callback)

Of course, this could be mitigated, or even completely fixed, by rewriting paypal module. For example, the module could proactively fetch all completed transaction via paypal API, and check that all of them has been processed. But that's a big refactoring, and I'm afraid that tb guys don't have enough manpower to achieve that 

@datakick The error is caused by something with the payment module in combination with TB. It was also an issue in PS 1.6.The error you see in the log is something like this: Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart

We had a lot of those in the past using PS 1.6 and Mollie module. Since a year or so it has not happened anymore.

9 hours ago, piet said:

@datakick The error is caused by something with the payment module in combination with TB.

I'm not saying it's not caused by tb. I'm saying that, since it is an intermittent issue, it can also be caused by something else. And until there exists repro-steps one can follow to reproduce the bug, I will continue to think so 🙂 

It was also an issue in PS 1.6.The error you see in the log is something like this: Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart

This was never an issue,  this was just unnecessary log line that caused panic. This line was added to system log whenever user loaded *any page* immediately after cart was converted to order. At that moment, cookie still contained id of old cart. Thirtybees (prestashop) reacted on this situation by creating new empty cart, and by displaying this *error message*. But it's not an error, it is an expected workflow.

This was *fixed* by deleting the code that logged this line. Nothing else 🙂 

I have had a problem like twice in prestashop - the first time it took me ages to sort out - working with Paypal and developers - no solution. For me on the first occasion it was the braintree paypal module that went wrong and it couldnt be fixed. To solve it i bought the 'Paypal standards module' and the issue was fixed. Then, (just a few months ago) the issue came back ...not saving order details to my PS site. I contacted the 'Paypal standards module' dev and he gave me the updated module. Problem gone again. I think (and im prob wrong) that paypal is tinkering with their rules (for instance my shops are in the philippines and they hate all the money scams that go on here - to try and stop it they dont let some my buyers ship to address here in PH). Maybe they are moding something their end and the modules go out of sync. Just my 2p's worth - good luck i know how desperate it feels after you spend so long building a site to have it go tits up when its out of ur control

Edited by Betty Nutz
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...