thirty bees forum

Introducing Price Margin module

datakick

We have just released new premium module named Price Margin.

This is very simple yet powerful module to add additional input fields Profit, Margin, and Markup to your product price tab.

Using these fields, you can quickly see what your profit margin is, and adjust it accordingly.

In module settings page you can choose which one of them you want to display

image.png.171829836d9a483dc582d192eafc487c.png

In the future, this module may contain additional functionality 

• list of all products displaying profit margin information
  • mass update of products price

If you have any other suggestions, let us know. 

Enjoy, and thanks for being thirty bees supporters!

• Like 3

Nice! I like the module. I think it's helpful. I currently I track such things in a spreadsheet. 

One suggestion: It would be great if it could work with combinations. All our products are combinations. Maybe other users have lots of combinations, too.

The idea of a list of all products displaying profit margin information is great. Maybe the list could also reflect how special prices impact the margin.

One thought: Mass update of products price is also offered by the "forum member tool" Prestools and of course also by your Datakick module, so I personally see less value for that at the moment unless lots of supporters don't have any of those modules.

11 hours ago, Cassim said:

Are you looking into a way of doing some kind of update prices based on a external price?
A pricematch system? 

IMHO - price matching is the most toxic way of making business. If you can't offer constant lower price try to attract customers in a different way.

The module - 10/10 - statistics that every merchant needs but if you don't use external system you were stuck up until now.

A feature proposal I have is if we can add global catalogue statistics in the module:
1. Global average and median values for the catalogue.

2. A list of products without available statistics, so in general without added wholesale price - this will make the adoption for the module lot quicker for sites that did not enter this valuable metric per product up until now. (as my old shop, where all profit calculations were done outside the shop).

6 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

2. A list of products without available statistics, so in general without added wholesale price - this will make the adoption for the module lot quicker for sites that did not enter this valuable metric per product up until now. (as my old shop, where all profit calculations were done outside the shop).

To make your catalogue/products have all data, you could use the lists module or one of the modules you name to find all products without wholesale price? Solves it a bit.

I am wondering if i/we like to have an overview of all products showing there margin and option to increase price of those products in one overview. So for example find all products with margin lower than 10%.

See a list see wholesale price and sales price and margin and increase it.

11 hours ago, Briljander said:

In Sweden we mostly use profit margin instead of markup. An improvement would be to be able to choose that instead of markup.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/102714/whats-difference-between-profit-margin-and-markup.asp

That's actually already part of the module. You can choose if you want to display markup, margin, or both in config page.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...