thirty bees forum

I'm going to create a free module

datakick

How lovely, @datakick!

Two suggestions:

• A multi-currency cryptocurrency module for people who want to host their own wallets: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/654/cryptocurrency-module
  • A module to sell on Amazon (import orders from Amazon, upload products, etc)

@30knees thanks for the suggestions. A cryptocurrency module sounds interesting, definitely something I'd be interested in. I'm afraid Amazon integration would be too much to finish in 2 weeks. I'm actually planning to add this integration to my DataKick module, once the import functionality is stabilized and bug-free. Probably 2018/Q2

Hello everyone, and happy new year!

Thank you all for voting. The poll has ended and we have the winner - Product Reviews module. I will start working on this on Monday - so now's the time for you to let me know what functionality should definitely be there.

Let me know if you want us to write up a blog post about this to get more exposure.

As a side note I was thinking about a better review module today when I was in the shower. One thing I think might be helpful is to hook a view to the product page where reviews for specific products can be handled in the back office on the product page.

Another note, we planned on updating the module, but it looks like we might not now. For the review snippets can you make your module hook into our json module and provide the snippets that way. It is where we are going in the future so that snippets are not tied to front end templatesin themes. Let me know if we need to modify the module for you if you go that route. Thanks again for doing this.

Hurray! Thank you so much for this. :-) It's awesome. I unfortunately recently bought a product review module, but I'd prefer to switch to yours.

Ideas: - Send a customizable email to orders within a certain date range and with a certain order status about submitting a review. - Permit customers to submit a review showing their initials only. - Receive an email notification on review submission. - Allow the shop to reply to reviews within the review. - Give loyalty points for a review as motivation. - Make it easy for customers to review - 1. no logging in necessary after clicking their unique deep link review request URL and 2. on that landing page each of the products ordered will be able to be reviewed directly without navigating away from it.

@lesley said in I'm going to create a free module:

One thing I think might be helpful is to hook a view to the product page where reviews for specific products can be handled in the back office on the product page.

I'm not sure I understand this, could you please elaborate?

For the review snippets can you make your module hook into our json module and provide the snippets that way

Sure, that makes sense. I looked at the json module and I couldn't find any hook point, though. It seems there are only two supported review modules - yotpo and tb native one - and there's no way to dynamically register a new review module. But we can solve this later, I'll contact you personally once I'll get to this task.

@datakick amazing! Yes I like @30knees inputs as well, except loyalty points.

What would be amazing is an import function of the reviews from the core tb module. I could imagine, that your module gets the new standard module and many merchants want to switch.

I think the email notification should be handled by order status. I would love to select a status and set "send email x-days after".

• Make it easy for customers to review - 1. no logging in necessary after clicking their unique deep link review request URL and 2. on that landing page each of the products ordered will be able to be reviewed directly without navigating away from it.

To this comment I would like to add an option to make the reviewcomments optional and only the review stars mandatory.

And also some features on my wishlist that I took from my reviewmodule I am using now:

• Possible to leave answers on comments
  • Both store and product reviews?
  • Change style, color and size of stars
  • Slider for frontpage
  • Option to show reviews in tab or new block on product page
  • Feature to report reviews with bad language for customers
  • Disable comments
  • Thank you confirmation email for leaving a review
  • Status page where you can se all orders, sent 1st email, 2nd email, who has commented and also manually send new question about leaving a comment to filtered orders

Thanks you for your kindness

Something I thought about:

• We get customers who write us their review by email. It would be nice to able to write a review as an admin and -- associate it with a customer OR -- associate with the admin BUT be able to specify the initials/name that gets shown (my preference, as not all customers will be in the shop, eg if they order through a different platworm...best would be a combination of both)

@datakick Happy to hear it'll be integrated with your module. :-)

@briljander said in I'm going to create a free module:

• ... an option to make the reviewcomments optional and only the review stars mandatory.
  • Possible to leave answers on comments
  • Both store and product reviews?
  • Change style, color and size of stars
  • Slider for frontpage
  • Option to show reviews in tab or new block on product page
  • Feature to report reviews with bad language for customers
  • Disable comments
  • Thank you confirmation email for leaving a review
  • Status page where you can se all orders, sent 1st email, 2nd email, who has commented and also manually send new question about leaving a comment to filtered orders

thanks for the suggestions. Most of these are already in my todo list, except for status page - maybe if there's enough time I could add it as well.

@30knees said in I'm going to create a free module:

Something I thought about:

• We get customers who write us their review by email. It would be nice to able to write a review as an admin and -- associate it with a customer OR -- associate with the admin BUT be able to specify the initials/name that gets shown (my preference, as not all customers will be in the shop, eg if they order through a different platworm...best would be a combination of both)

@datakick Happy to hear it'll be integrated with your module. :-)

sure thing. Manually add/edit reviews from back-office will definitely be there.

@gonssal said in I'm going to create a free module:

I don't know about functionality, but I think if technically possible you should consider using the actual core module as a base and work on it, making current users able to update to the new version without losing data.

I would like to keep this new module compatible with prestashop 1.6, and I'm afraid that would not be possible if I forked tb native module. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I could create a migration script to copy data from native module to this new one. That should be fairly simple.

Thank you all for your ideas, my todo list is getting bigger and bigger :wink: