thirty bees forum

I'm going to create a free module

datakick

I don't know if this can be too much, but... how about to enable guest/customers to ask public questions to reviewers? In this way, reviewers (and the shop owner) could reply creating more engagement and a knowledge base with useful content (SEO).

@foolab said in I'm going to create a free module:

I don't know if this can be too much, but... how about to enable guest/customers to ask public questions to reviewers? In this way, reviewers (and the shop owner) could reply creating more engagement and a knowledge base with useful content (SEO).

Well, there is already a feature in my backlog for responses - merchants will be able to reply to reviews, and these will be visible to all visitors. But I don't plan follow-up questions/comments - max one reply per review, with no option to react on this reply. Would that be enough?

@datakick said in I'm going to create a free module:

Well, there is already a feature in my backlog for responses - merchants will be able to reply to reviews, and these will be visible to all visitors. But I don't plan follow-up questions/comments - max one reply per review, with no option to react on this reply. Would that be enough?

In my suggestion, I meant that questions are separated from reviews. Question&Answers are a method to get some info from people who already buyed and/or the shop owner and have that info publicied near reviews (like Amazon's)

@datakick said in I'm going to create a free module:

In my suggestion, I meant that questions are separated from reviews.

than it should be a separate module - there isn't really any relation to reviews.

The only relation is to send a notification (email?) to who already bought that product and/or to who left a review (better to all the product buyers).

But yeah it's better a separate module.

Migration of existing reviews / data is very important I think.

And I do not think only about PS1.6 reviews but also other review systems like Yotpo, Ekomi, TrustedShops whatever. Any trustworthy external review provider^^ should offer an export option of customer reviews a shop has gathered. I am not to much into this but I think at least there should always be the email. May be name and product ID, cart ID, date also? The more data the better since a nice import function could allow to map these data to data stored in the shops DB, right? I have never heard of such an import function but it should be not too complicated, or? If possible we could quit all these external review providers and run exclusively ThirtyBees with an exclusive review system and do not loose any reviews we have already.

@datakick will it be possible to define criterias? Or is there just one single rating?

If you plan different criterias, I wish that this can be set up depending on a category of the product. Maybe this sounds very confusing. Let me make an example:

If you have a store, where you sell clothes & candies. For the clothes you wanna ask things like "How well did it fit your body?" or "Material quality". For candies you may ask "How did you like the taste?".

@wakabayashi i totally agree. I think this essential. This feature is btw already there in the standard module. What is an ‘issue’ for someone doesn’t have to be for someone else. In my case: if someone finds a game great to play but a little bit expensice it is likely he will rate the ‘average’ with only one review creteria. When he can rate price and gameplay/fun he can give a low rating for price and a high one for the other. A person for whome price is less of an issue this game can be very intersting whereas he may not have conciderd it with only one creteria.

@wakabayashi I don't plan to support criteria at the moment. Maybe in some upcoming version, if there's a demand for it.

I personally don't see a big benefit in this feature, though - I believe most customers just want to make quick decision based on single average rating. They don't want to be distracted by multiple ratings, different criterias, etc. But what do I know, right :)

@datakick Really sorry to hear you won't support criteria. For some products this doesn't matter but for a lot it does i think. If you want to go out to dinner i don't think you make your decision based on one criteria, but on multiple (kind of food, quality of food, price, location, ambiance etc). The same goes for a lot of products. So i really think only one overal criteria will make the module less 'advanced' (by lack of better word)

@vincentdenkspel said in I'm going to create a free module:

@datakick Really sorry to hear you won't support criteria. For some products this doesn't matter but for a lot it does i think. If you want to go out to dinner i don't think you make your decision based on one criteria, but on multiple (kind of food, quality of food, price, location, ambiance etc). The same goes for a lot of products. So i really think only one overal criteria will make the module less 'advanced' (by lack of better word)

Well, it makes sense. Let's add support then. I'm a little bit worried about the ui cluttering, though. There will be way too many stars on the page :) Any idea how to make the ui more dense? Maybe show only overall ratings on page listing, and show break-down only when user click on specific review?

I do often make decisions about restaurants with only one variant of stars, I look for good and bad reviews and read the comments.

With that said I don't say it shouldn't be implemented but more important for me is an fast an easy way of making the customers add an review. I know I saw someone that had the option to leave star ratings inside the mail, didn't even have to navigate to the the webpage.

Thanks for the answers. The longer I think about it, I doubt more, what is better :D Somehow I dream for perfect reviews. User will take time, rate different criterias, write a nice text. But probably I have too high expectations. Probably I have to be happy, if I just get some quick dirty reviews...

@briljander I often make decisions based on more than one or two variants. For example: from what i've seen on the internet i would like to own the new car Lucid Air (design, room) but for sure i can't afford it (price) . So that are already 3 variables. I think more people make a decision base on more than one variable.