thirty bees forum

Advice please: "In Stock Products" Module

Chandra

Question

Hi,

I need a module that adds 'in stock products' as a tab similar to featured products and best sellers. Our products go in and out of stock quickly, so a page with in stock products alone saves a customer the effort to scroll through many products and find what are all in stock. I want to retain the existing featured products and best seller tabs as they are and add a new 'In Stock Products' tab that shows up when some products are in stock.

With my limited knowledge, I am thinking it is best to create a new module, copying the Best Sellers module.

This would mean copying the module in its entirety and then changing the name of the module in the module folder name, module files, including in the xml, php, tpl and css files?

Or is there an easier way to extend the Best Sellers module with smaller changes?

Much appreciate help.

17 answers to this question

I am looking for the same thing. There was a prestashop module that did just that but it is buggy as hell under thirty bees and it conflicts with several things because it uses lots of overrides. So if a module ever gets made, consider it sold to me at the very least.

Hi. Is anybody using this module ? When I click on link "Show all" then result is page "best sales". Is this normal ? When I click on "In Stock" then result is error404. Looks like there are modifications in TB after this module was made and now this module is not working properly.

Well. Finally I found latest version of this module. First, there is wrong characters in zip package. When "-v2.2.2" was removed from name then I was able to install this module. After all there are only error 404 pages, whatever button You click "in stock products" or "Show all products" and finally there was 500 error. So I disabled this module at the moment. Still interested how to manage this module to work

Decoded exception

Source: Missing name

in file vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_source.php at line 168

34 minutes ago, led24ee said:

If there is zero answer here then this module isn't attractive. And this means that there is probably no future for this module.

You are assuming that users of the module are willing to participate in this discussion. Unfortunately, most of them aren't. I learned this the hard way -- most people on the forums are just silent leeches. And not only on this forum.  

But that doesn't mean that nobody use this module.

18 hours ago, led24ee said:

Well. Finally I found latest version of this module. First, there is wrong characters in zip package. When "-v2.2.2" was removed from name then I was able to install this module. After all there are only error 404 pages, whatever button You click "in stock products" or "Show all products" and finally there was 500 error. So I disabled this module at the moment. Still interested how to manage this module to work

Decoded exception

Source: Missing name

in file vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_source.php at line 168

Hi,

I am the author of the module and this works without issue on my own TB site.

I suspect you have tried installing the github zip file that is not packaged as a module and hence will not work. The TB marketplace is supposed to automatically create the module based on the github code but it stopped working. I raised this many months back but nobody is taking care of it.

Try installing the attached module zip.

P.S.: I am a merchant and not really a developer, so expect limited support.

blockinstockproducts-2.2.2.zip

Edited by Chandra
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, lesley said:

Where did you raise this, I did not see it. It should automatically work off the webhook. It looks like it might not have grabbed your release since it was not a build, if that was the issue. 

Here, @lesley, I think the functionality is broken.

And in another module thread since this is a problem not limited to this module: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/1422-free-modulerevws-product-reviews/?do=findComment&comment=32962

Thanks.

Edited by Chandra