thirty bees forum

thirty bees getting better and better: release 1.0.8

Seems like I was to quick off the mark to moan. Thought I would try upgrading again and ticking all in The pre-Upgrade checklist Like magic the update button was there. The only thing I can think was it wasn't ready for upgrading when I last tried But I am now up to 1.0.8

thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already on. This is the error:

Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/rackmetro/publichtml/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smartyinternal_compilebase.php on line 75

But no one can offer fix in general discussion. rackmetro.com. Really stupid update 1..0.8 Must not be offered in the first place when it is still full of problems.

The fix for FPC is: turn it off.

TBH, I'm quite a bit surprised to see so many people making a headache about this totally optional Full Page Cache, while there are no less than 160 known bugs filed (not counting enhancement requests), some of which cause a shop to display plain wrong data to the customer.

Did I hear here "Doesn't matter what a customer sees, as long as he sees this fast" ? I hope not. For me, correctness counts a lot more than a few percent performance.

@traumflug said in thirty bees getting better and better: release 1.0.8:

The fix for FPC is: turn it off.

TBH, I'm quite a bit surprised to see so many people making a headache about this totally optional Full Page Cache, while there are no less than 160 known bugs filed (not counting enhancement requests), some of which cause a shop to display plain wrong data to the customer.

Did I hear here "Doesn't matter what a customer sees, as long as he sees this fast" ? I hope not. For me, correctness counts a lot more than a few percent performance.

I don't think its about full page cache. It seems to be php 7.2 issue.

@traumflug But why do you even offer this buggy software when you guys have been talking about a more stable and much more reliable software than Prestashop?

I am glad datakick tried to adress the issues with it but if reliability is your business (cause new features are not as it seems) why don't you just turn if off until it's fixed or make a statement in the software news to not turn it on?

FPC isn't turned on by default, so all people running into these issues explicitely enabled it. If they ask to run a known incomplete feature, they get an incomplete feature. If they're unwilling to turn it off again, I can't help. And yes, FPC is a thing Prestashop doesn't even feature, so one is still better with FPC turned off.

For myself, FPC is pretty low priority. See above how some updates didn't work? This hurts, not a still broken FPC. And that's why I picked up the almost forgotten Git Updater again the day after seeing these update module failure reports.

Edited my post as found the answer higher up ,safe to delete

But I have another question :) instead I downloaded TB 1.0.8 and there seem to be differences in a lot of files especially the vendor folder . I replaced it rather than deleting all those files obsolete files (Still got a backup) ..I also copied the admin folder and that has changes too Just wondering if there were any other folders that needed upgrading as I tried 1 or 2 and they broke the site ,so returned to normal

Not sure why this needs said again, but if you are updating your shop, you should take a backup and/or test the update on a non-live copy of your site.

There should never be a time where you update your site and then need to frantically ask for help to get your site back up.

If you have problems, you should simply roll back and await a fix.

You're liable to run into such problems updating even a CMS like WordPress...

@purity said in thirty bees getting better and better: release 1.0.8:

Not sure why this needs said again, but if you are updating your shop, you should take a backup and/or test the update on a non-live copy of your site.

There should never be a time where you update your site and then need to frantically ask for help to get your site back up.

If you have problems, you should simply roll back and await a fix.

You're liable to run into such problems updating even a CMS like WordPress...

Completly agree. But was too tired to write, since it was said like 1000 times before...

violinparts 34 minutes ago

I have major problems now after updating from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8.

Search function does NO longer works.
Search of browisng using brands/manufacturer NO longer works.

Please help ASAP!!!

Site: rackmetro.com

The only search that works is elasticsearch. That’s because it uses the server elasticsearch. But elasticsearch is now not much useful because it is not accurate.

Search in top is elastic search. Search below menu is standard search.