thirty bees forum

Different Cart and Checkout pages

israelans

Hi!
PS1.7 has sleek navigation, generating a cart page that precedes the checkout page.
This solution is also used in stores like Magento, Opencart ... but in Prestashop only came up in the new version (1.7)
I've looked for customizations or modules to generate something similar in prestashop 1.6 or Thirtybees.
Has anyone found a similar solution for this version of the platform?

Thirtybees as well as Prestashop 1.6 has the choice of Step by Step or OPC Checkout.
It would be interesting and elegant to have this option more.
It would be beautiful as it would walk side by side with the most current stores 😉

@Traumflug, I assume he's speaking about a similar format to amazon.com, walmart.com, or patagonia.com, which have separate pages. In their case, since they are multi-line retailers with thousands of different products, I see the appeal. It presents another opportunity to cross-sell. I assume they're doing it because data supports that they sell significantly more when structured that way. For companies that don't have a lot of cross-sold product opportunities, it probably doesn't make as much of an impact.

• Thanks 1

No image needed to simulate dear @haylau!
Take prestashop 1.7 as an example:
It no longer has the "Order process type - Standard (Five Steps)".
When you insert a product into the cart you are taken to a cart page "/ cart? Action = show" and then to the checkout page (OPC).
Prestashop 1.7, Magento 1.9 (some templates), Magento 2.0, Shopify and many other private or Opensource platforms already have an isolated Checkout and Cart page.
In Prestashop 1.6 we have the luxury of being able to select between OPC and Standard (Five Steps).
As Prestashop will no longer maintain PS1.6, it would be interesting for Thirtybees or its enthusiasts to think of something dozens of platforms already use.
It would be nice to have a third choice in "Order process type";
1- One Page checkout
2- Standard (Five Steps)
3- Cart + One Page checkout (similar to PS17)

I just think it would be interesting an option that accompanies the market.

PS: Exactly that @x97wehner <3
BINGO!

I modified 5 page checkout into 3 page checkout, Cart-summary + login/address/shipping-selection + cart-summary/payment-selection.

It works flawlessy this way for a while now.

When you are optimizing the page for mobile view, you have to decide if you want more scrolling or 1-2 more steps to click.

I decided not to use OPC due to more needed scrolling and went with 3 steps instead.

Screenshot_2019-12-21.thumb.png.6ad0cc9d6b1dd70c73a7b08c0974af73.png

11 hours ago, toplakd said:

I modified 5 page checkout into 3 page checkout, Cart-summary + login/address/shipping-selection + cart-summary/payment-selection.

It works flawlessy this way for a while now.

When you are optimizing the page for mobile view, you have to decide if you want more scrolling or 1-2 more steps to click.

I decided not to use OPC due to more needed scrolling and went with 3 steps instead.

Screenshot_2019-12-21.thumb.png.6ad0cc9d6b1dd70c73a7b08c0974af73.png

Seems really interesting your modification since all ecommerce studies I have being seeing lately, shows people prefer this to one page checkout for the sens of security it provides (a lot of fields at the same time make you feel insecure when buying). Could you share how did you modify it? I would like to try it myself ifit is not too complicate.