thirty bees forum

How to improve SEO

vincentdenkspel

In case not tried already...
Seobility.net keeps me occupied, used about once a week as the free scans can run-out. Also Gtmetrix.com.
The Seobilty dashboard page has tabs for onpage, backlinks, and rankings.
Suggestions for ranked pages are hard to find at the bottom right of that page, but worth a look if some of your pages already rank on page two.
Backlinks aren't much listed on the free account, but if you use the site without an account from another browser the listing is better and you can check your own site and similar ones to see who links.
Onpage tests never quite come-right for me but get gradually better. I often score badly for duplicate content but the similar test site ahrefs says I am OK so this isn't a precise measure.
The ebbs and flows of popularity are as rapid as tides and should not cause panic.

--------update 2021.09.24
Seobility reported high scores but no change in rankings, so I concentrated more on 
Ahrefs which is free, bit still no big result.

I guess without evidence that search engines notice sales and interested visitors, and that I need a more popular product for it to rise in rank.

Edited by veganline
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, vincentdenkspel said:

Does somebody have some tips for me what i can do to rank higher ?

You can use the Google Search Console to see if it's indexing all your site well. Rich content is one of the things that can improve the way your site is showed.

• Like 1

My two cents is to invest a little in a good seo tool. Free is ok, but you have to have higher knowledge and also combine a few (limited) tools. Time is money too.

Semrush is great but very expensive. However there is a more simpler tool (but is improving day by day) called Ubersuggest that has an incredible offer as you can pay for lifetime licence. It is 490$ but using an indian proxy you can have it for 120$ (lifetime) as price it is based on country. In my opinion this price is amazing and I totally recommend it.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, vincentdenkspel said:

Hi,

Hope somebody has some tips for me.
On my productpages i have entered the meta title and meta-descritpion.
When i search for products, i'm often listed on page 2. 
Does somebody have some tips for me what i can do to rank higher ?
Thank you.

I think page 2 is pretty good to be honest. There are only half a dozen websites that can be on page 1 out of the hundreds / thousands who want to be. 

I presume we are talking about generic searches here and not adwords or the google shopping?

From what I read from Google, Meta title is not really used to govern search results, it is just the browser tab name, it should be easily readable for the human eye. Meta description is not really used much either, that is the 'snippet' that appears under the search result page title. Google are more and more looking at the content of the page, relevance, popularity and authority (how many other websites link to you)

So Meta's are really only used now for display purposes and should be human readable. Many of the larger sites (perhaos jsut many sites) are now just making these quite generic.

Because in the past these meta's were abused.

Yes you should research key words but the should be on the page itself emebed in the product title, description etc. Research what you are selling, and how others word their titles and descriptions, then compile your infomration based on that.

Make sure your the information in each page is worded how your customers will search. For example no point having a title of "My New Widget for holding things" if customer wil search google for "box for spanners"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rubben1985 said:

However there is a more simpler tool (but is improving day by day) called Ubersuggest that has an incredible offer as you can pay for lifetime licence. It is 490$ but using an indian proxy you can have it for 120$ (lifetime) as price it is based on country.

Do you need to be connected to that proxy only during the purchase or also afterwards when using the service?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

there are many ways for improving SEO.

• Searching Good keywords and writing the bets unique content
  • Doing backlinks
  • Improve your page loading speed. Your page loading time is important for a few reasons. ...
  • Produce high quality content. ...
  • Optimize your images. ...
  • Break up your content with header tags. ...
  • Start blogging. ...
  • Use outbound links. ...
  • Add more than text. ...
  • Make sure your site is readable.

6 hours ago, hardeep0607 said:
  • Searching Good keywords and writing the bets unique content
  • Doing backlinks
  • Improve your page loading speed. Your page loading time is important for a few reasons. ...
  • Produce high quality content. ...
  • Optimize your images. ...
  • Break up your content with header tags. ...
  • Start blogging. ...
  • Use outbound links. ...
  • Add more than text. ...
  • Make sure your site is readable.

A copy and paste recommendation does not help.

Searching Good keywords and writing the bets unique content  is useless for someone without a clue.

It really comes down to the fact that search engines are very sophisticated nowadays. Just changing keywords and meta descriptions doesn't do much by itself. In fact, I'm pretty sure google barely looks at them anymore. It really comes down to the content on each page and how often other people are visiting, taking action, and staying on each of your pages.

So with that in mind, you can marginally increase your position by doing all of the the things in the previous post, but there is no magic bullet until people start finding and interacting with your pages.

3 hours ago, x97wehner said:

It really comes down to the content on each page and how often other people are visiting, taking action, and staying on each of your pages.

Nope as long as Google is not able to mount a camera on your shoulder it won't be that way.

• People find what they are looking for, ergo short visits.
  • People look around and loose time on the page, ergo log visit no quality.
  • Someone visits a page and stands up to get a coffee, long stay no effects.

And so on. Google thrives hard to connect all people but it won't happen. We change fonts if they are from google or any other third party as those can be entrances for malware. Google search console is more popular than analytics but faulty and not at 100% functioning.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:53 PM, nickz said:

A copy and paste recommendation does not help.

Searching Good keywords and writing the bets unique content  is useless for someone without a clue.

This is very likely to be a spamming account. Often they edit their post a few days after and try to place a backlink to their website. It's always very supicious if somebody has less than 10 posts and answers to an old post. Especially if it's about SEO ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As per the thread discussion when your web page is ranking on second page you need to put some extra efforts to push it on first page.

Very first stage that you have to execute is check all SEO parameters as per your strategy.

Important Key parameters that you should check are meta keywords and meta description.

Along with this you can make use of latest SEO methods that will help you to increase your SEO rankings

Competitor analysis, backlinks from ranking websites in Google can help you to improve your SEO performance.