thirty bees forum

Cisero [Bootstrap 5] Free new Theme

zen

Bootstrap 5 includes custom designed form controls. In Bootstrap 4 the form controls were using whatever defaults each browser provided. In Bootstrap 5 the form controls will offer much more consistent look and feel in all browsers due to its custom design.

https://superdevresources.com/bootstrap5-vs-bootstrap4-whats-new/

This one also is important difference.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, nickz said:

Yeah and some people do like a surprise, repetition bores so lets encourage the curiosity of people rather than making them dumber. Just my 2 cents 🙂

I am thinking the same, but I'll add an option to hook it currencies and language selector in top/header position, so that everyone can choose where to see it.. but in small screens it will be hidden, that is why i need to make the bottom action bar for mobile asap.

Edit: I finished this task of adding theses blocks on TOP of website, and also updated the archive in the first post.

=> It needs to be activated on the Thememaster module config, under Header section, also you need to have different currencies and languages activated in your shop to be able to see theses blocks in action.

Edited by zen

I have one question about zen modules - are those forks really necessary? from quick code comparison I don't see any revolution in there which override in theme won't handle. as long module logic is the same IMO forks will only confuse ppl. now we have only 4, but what if there will be more?

9 hours ago, cienislaw said:

I have one question about zen modules - are those forks really necessary? from quick code comparison I don't see any revolution in there which override in theme won't handle. as long module logic is the same IMO forks will only confuse ppl. now we have only 4, but what if there will be more?

Yes, it is necessary as theses modules delivers html code from php, and there will be more forked modules for this theme if needed..

otherwise you can also refactor the default modules in a better way, so all the html code is generated really from smarty files, it's a good thing to do.. Ithen we can drop forked/modified modules and only use tpl themes files for overriding style.

Have a nice day 🙂

3 hours ago, cienislaw said:

thanx for the explanation, I will try to look into this. one codebase with extra smarty templates will be easier to maintain.

Yes, that is the good thing to do, keep us updated for that plz 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get it. For example thememaster module. I have found many of them, some are many years ago, size is different, but they are all v1.0.0. How the hell someone supposed to know which one is working ? Now there is thememaster-master.zip and TB1.3 shows me that this module install is done. And yes ... there is again Thememaster v1.0.0. not thememaster-master. Or I understand something wrong ?

6 hours ago, led24ee said:

I don't get it. For example thememaster module. I have found many of them, some are many years ago, size is different, but they are all v1.0.0. How the hell someone supposed to know which one is working ? Now there is thememaster-master.zip and TB1.3 shows me that this module install is done. And yes ... there is again Thememaster v1.0.0. not thememaster-master. Or I understand something wrong ?

the ZIP of the THEME contains the theme installation package, including the modules wich is also the sames pack I post on the Git repo.

Here it seems that you talk about the module theme-master which comes included in the package, but has is own repo as well. And the thememaster-master.zip  is the zip build on github when you want to download files, don't install it if you theme package, of course.

But the theme master Versionning might need an update 😅 that's right !

Edited by zen

17 hours ago, cienislaw said:

yes, as in TB repo - all parts are separate. and versioning will for sure help;-)

that is why it's on MY repo.. and for me this is the first version available that is posted : SO versioning start here.

If you want to split all.. then integrate it correctly on TB repo 🙂

Best regards 🙂

• 3 months later...

Just installed on a fresh TB installation test bed to write a blog about this theme. I noticed that when clicking a category the image are missing. It is the same on your own demo site: seems to the 'home_smallest' image type is not created on installation - can you advise the required dimensions etc?

image.thumb.png.006cebb14a7d179367796cbc9b956dd8.png

image.thumb.png.a3be880b99647639215a5f21878ca6a4.png

On 4/19/2022 at 3:57 PM, haylau said:

Just installed on a fresh TB installation test bed to write a blog about this theme. I noticed that when clicking a category the image are missing. It is the same on your own demo site: seems to the 'home_smallest' image type is not created on installation - can you advise the required dimensions etc?

image.thumb.png.006cebb14a7d179367796cbc9b956dd8.png

image.thumb.png.a3be880b99647639215a5f21878ca6a4.png

This is now fixed. I originally installed just in a sub folder. I installed again on a subdomain and it seems to work. But in both instances I can't checkout

With the 5 (3) step checkout here is now way to progress from step 2, to step 3 - seems the shipping selector is missing

image.thumb.png.c651be85620482a9d6c2581a01c1b654.png

If I switch to 1 step checkout then the carrier option appears twice

image.thumb.png.062084dca84cfcf40e8a2455731d01f6.png

Seems to work on your demo. Any ideas? Remember this is a totally fresh installation of TB, and just switched to your theme

You are right, there is something missing in the install,

In order to be able to use the 3 steps instead of 5 steps order you need to install this override file 
Order-Controller.php     (assigns carrier to address page)

please get it here :

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haylau said:

Excellent, that has sorted it out. Will you be adding that file into your theme download or will it always be an extra step for store owners who want to use your theme?

Actually I don't know, I started this theme full of hope, but after some time i understood that not enough people were interested in, so I skipped the work on it... I am glad that you are interested now.

I believe I should put back the 5 steps by default.. and give a tutorial with files to install for the 3 steps only order process, what do you think ?

23 minutes ago, zen said:

Actually I don't know, I started this theme full of hope, but after some time i understood that not enough people were interested in, so I skipped the work on it... I am glad that you are interested now.

I believe I should put back the 5 steps by default.. and give a tutorial with files to install for the 3 steps only order process, what do you think ?

I like it with the 3 step, but if it is easier to do as you say then go ahead. Either way I will update the blog just written about it. If you leave it as it is, I will add a short tutorial on my blog how I did it. Very straighforward

I am scouring the internet for PS 1. 6 modules and themes that work with TB - out of the box with no need to tinker, and I am struggling. Which is why I though to bring it all together in one place to try and show potential TB users that there are enhancements to TB that work

yes, the problem is that all the good themes for presta 1.6 are no longuer supported, presta is pushing to 1.7 so much.. even it's not finished yet.

I think I am gonna keep the 3 steps in this theme.. and link to the override with quick infos to install it, more simple and no go back.

• Like 2