thirty bees forum

Cisero [Bootstrap 5] Free new Theme

zen

I've looked into sources of Cisero a bit and have questions:

• what advantage is using SPAN instead of LABEL? from what I see in bootstrap docs, when form is in works, label works better because you can 'glue' it to specific input.
  • for multiple elements which previously used UL/LI scheme, you choosed DIV/P - any particular reason for this change?

Thank your for your answer.

On 5/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, cienislaw said:

I've looked into sources of Cisero a bit and have questions:

• what advantage is using SPAN instead of LABEL? from what I see in bootstrap docs, when form is in works, label works better because you can 'glue' it to specific input.
  • for multiple elements which previously used UL/LI scheme, you choosed DIV/P - any particular reason for this change?

Thank your for your answer.

It's been a long time already, sorry but I don't remember exactly why, there must be good reason at that time...

• 1 month later...

How can I achieve that instead of the email address a link to the contact page is displayed in the footer? (I am afraid of getting lots of spam when showing the email address direct in the footer)

When using PrestaShop 1.6 I solved that issue with the following change in the blockcontactinfos.tpl but either I am missing an other change I cant remember or it is not working with TB or the Cisero Theme.

Change of PS 1.6 blockcontactinfos.tpl

{if $blockcontactinfos_email != ''}<li><a href="link to page"><i class="icon-envelope-alt"></i></a>{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcontactinfos'}</li>{/if}

BTW, I don't need the envelope icon, a simple link named "Contact Us" which can be clicked to come the the contact page would be enough.

Code of blockcontactinfos.tpl in Cisero Theme

{if $blockcontactinfos_email != ''}<li>{l s='Email:' mod='blockcontactinfos'} {mailto address=$blockcontactinfos_email|escape:'html':'UTF-8' encode="hex"}</li>{/if}

EDIT: Problem solved as follows

{if $blockcontactinfos_email != ''}<li class="item"><a href="https://domain.com/contact-us" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}</a></li>{/if}

Edited by undecided
Problem solved
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@zen I really like your work and hope you have not dropped the work on it.
To be honest, your theme was a major point to start my new project with TB instead of PS 1.6 which I already know and PS 1.7 which has a nice standard Theme but otherwise is a ...

The theme has a very modern touch and looks great on desktop an mobile which make me think it would be a good alternative for TB standard theme Niara which also looks good on desktop but is a bit old fashioned and not that great on mobile.
Anyway, back to topic.

Cisero has a nice top page, but it only shows best seller products. I tried to get featured products and/or new products and/or sale items on the front page, but without success. They wont show up in the same way as the best sellers.

Do you have any tips how to do? I am not a programmer, but have changed many things for PS 1.6 in the past to change my former project to what I need so at least I have basic copy paste skills. 😅

• Like 2

Featured products and new products on home page > for that I need to duplicate the default modules and makes some slight changes into them but as the php need to be modified that is why It's better to make a "new" module for the theme and don't break compatibility with older one.

At the end of this month I'll get time for that.

• Like 1

@zen really appreciate your afford. If there is anything I can help you, do not hesitate to let me know. I think the bootstrap 5 idea for a modern TB Theme is the right way to go (even though it means that basic modules need changes) and maybe @datakick and @Smile will take a closer look on that idea too to have a modern theme for TB out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is on my testsite. And so far I found out that cisero is somehow not connected/not having correct info from module "Advanced EU Compliance." With this module enable there is "Before" without this module there is nothing but only price per unit with no explanation, what this price is.

3 minutes ago, led24ee said:

It is on my testsite. And so far I found out that cisero is somehow not connected/not having correct info from module "Advanced EU Compliance." With this module enable there is "Before" without this module there is nothing but only price per unit with no explanation, what this price is.

strange.. do you have any public url to check ?

• 4 months later...
54 minutes ago, Pedalman said:

Hello

has this project moved to somewhere else or is development stalled at the moment?

thank you

It is still here, but I didn't have much time recently to work on it.. soon I am going to use it for a new website to build.

Do you need any help to setup your theme ?

I just wanted to know, if it is still being supported, before I have a look into it. Most likely, I will need support due to Databack's comment on payment options integration in the checkout. I am using since two years Chex and if I got it right I might run into issues.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, led24ee said:

Can anyone understand how "zentopmenu" module works ?

Actually it works like the native pretashop module topmenu, what do you need to know more ? I'll be glad to help 🙂

Well... If there are subcategorys, then these are in different color and this is the same as background. So there is nothing visible. Also these aren't active. So if You click on these empty (actually they're not empty, address is visible on web browser, I use FF and this is visible bottom left corner) then nothing happens. Is this how it must be ?

About menu depth. You can set this and it works, but result is total mess. Menu will be show all subcategorys too, but they are overlapping each other.

9 minutes ago, led24ee said:

Well... If there are subcategorys, then these are in different color and this is the same as background. So there is nothing visible. Also these aren't active. So if You click on these empty (actually they're not empty, address is visible on web browser, I use FF and this is visible bottom left corner) then nothing happens. Is this how it must be ?

About menu depth. You can set this and it works, but result is total mess. Menu will be show all subcategorys too, but they are overlapping each other.

there might be some fixes to do ... this one is working for primary categories only on this free version, it might be only css fixes.

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2023 at 7:12 PM, zen said:

on this free version

Is there a paid version too? Have not found it yet.

As I mentioned before I really love the idea and style of this theme, but the current version has some issues and does lack same basic modules too.

One issue is that reduced prices are not displayed properly, or lets say they can confuse customers more than help selling.

Screenshot2023-07-26at08-58-28NipponBoxJapanesebooksofallkinds-NipponBox.jpg.20e25b1fc91ad46049750e95b7b8de2f.jpg

This is from the home page. The red is the old price and the green the reduced price, but the old price is neither crossed nor otherwise different from the reduced price.

Screenshot2023-07-26at08-58-53WeeklyShonenJump-202304-05-NipponBox.thumb.jpg.638e4d4c8264f738444193cb5fd67cb5.jpg

This is the article page. Again, the red circled old price is not crossed nor anything else different besides a smaller font.
The orange circled -amount does not make it really easier to understand.

• 7 months later...

Hello, here is a updated demo version of Cisero theme (but same image for all products), it's on Bootstrap v5.3.3 latest stable release available, no payment is setup, so step 2 only can be reached in order steps.

Also, I would like to update Jquery version for TB to latest v3.7.1.. I did try but it makes new notices in console for plugins and widgets to update too, seems like a long task to do.

The site is still under construction but I would like to have your feedback so that I can put in place useful comments and keep on finishing this theme asap.

https://biovedique.fr/

Biovedique.thumb.png.e1efeae72ed4e77262d7b43857215df4.png

Best Regards,

Zen

Edited by zen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1